Skip to content

Need help in BGEE

I have played BG2EE numerous times, I just acquired BGEE.
I am pretty alien to BG and BGEE though (16 years ago I played through once)
I thnk I am pretty bad with low levels as well so hope to get some advice.

Question:
If I am to do a run with Imoen+Dorn+Neera+Rasaad
what class should I play and who do you think is most advisable as the party healer? (core rules+minimum reload+want to do all the quest if possible)

Comments

• OsigoldOsigold Member Posts: 117
    Branwen is always a good choice for a healer for non-evil parties; She's a pure cleric so she develops quickly, she's neutral in alignment so she's broadly compatible, she's reasonably robust and she's available early on. If you're unsure of whom you should pick, then she's an excellent default.

If you were to add Branwen to your party, then your line up would have a thief for skills, two and a half front line characters, a healer, and a full mage with no school restrictions. That means you could probably get away with playing anything at all for your main character, as your bases are pretty well covered. Personally, I'd be inclined to add more magic or ranged ability to the mix... something like another mage, an elven fighter/mage with some bow skills, maybe a bard.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Osigold
    I currently have a run going as a Sorceress.
    Party:
    Dorn
    Garrick
    Brawen
    Minsc
    Imoen

I feel like dropping Minsc and get Neera .. but range is so useful at level 1-3 ... and Bard song is so useful ... Felt so torn ...
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    You can usually drop characters and come back later for them. So you can just pick up Neera for her quest and then get Minsc back later. Sometimes its good to drop the character when you are somewhere you will return to, like a Beregost inn. Works for practicality and roleplay. A few times I collected almost every NPC south of Baldurs gate and left them in the Friendly arm inn. Then I'd hang out with them for a few quests and move on to somebody else. Horrible strategy for a end battle party, but its fun if you fantasize about being popular... I'm so lonely. ;-)

I just started a playthrough and my character is feeling a little squishy. I dropped my whole party, and am currently exploring a few of the areas solo to get some quicker level ups. (I suppose its petty, but i always like charname to be the strongest.) The party is at the Jovial Juggler, and when charname is ready, he'll go back and pick them up again.
    Oh, and just dropping a character from a party can actually be more convenient than daring them to go fight that pack of wolves naked. Sure you'll hurt their feelings, but sometimes a leader has to make hard decisions.
    @FinnTheHuman
    Problem is I can't decide my core party members X_X.
    Wanted Jaheira but not Khalid but those 2 is buy 1 get 1 free O_O
    Likewise with Minsc same promotion =.=
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Bubbles said:

I currently have a run going as a Sorceress.
    Party:
    Dorn
    Garrick
    Brawen
    Minsc
    Imoen

I feel like dropping Minsc and get Neera .. but range is so useful at level 1-3 ... and Bard song is so useful ... Felt so torn ...

Kagain with his extra CON can help a lot at low levels. Maybe swap Minsc for him - this way you'll get a good tank.

Garrick's Bard song only removes fear and gives immunity to it - this is not a song of a skald, for example. So if you keep Garrick only for his song, you can easily change it with Branwen's spell. And instead of Garrick take a mage with more spells, like Neera who you want to try.
    edited February 2016
    Bubbles said:

@FinnTheHuman
    Problem is I can't decide my core party members X_X.
    Wanted Jaheira but not Khalid but those 2 is buy 1 get 1 free O_O
    Likewise with Minsc same promotion =.=

Well, there is always the naked wolf fighting option for Khalid or Dynahir... Perhaps, if you please, a less blatant but still fated demise. In my current playthrough, Jaheira ate it during that bounty hunter encounter near the secret exit of the nashkel mines. Khalid was sad for a moment, but he is moving on. Well, he's been working through some issues anyway and the girdle of masculinity/femininity is really helping him out all around. That's beside the point. The point is, a well timed death can split up any happy couple.
    Hehe feel so guilty about a well timed death xD.
    in BG2EE I prefer to petrify them so I can re-use them if need be xD.
    @bengoshi
    Oh yeah that Kagain ^^. The bard song save my party's butts a few times when bounty hunters use horrors ^^.