Skip to content

Shorty Saves... Are they going to be in BG:EE?

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Shorty Saves. They existed but were never talked about in the manual. Basically Gnomes, Halflings, Dwarves all got extra saves in relation to their CON stat.

Was this a mistake in the game?

Are all races going to get similar saves?

Are Shorty Saves being implimented in BG:EE?

Why does being short mean you get extra saves?

Shouldn't short people be saved from themselves and be given stilts?

Why no new shorty NPCs?

Will this thread provide the answers?

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Shorties rule!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @HaHaCharade As much as I appreciate the comment... I feel that you did not answer any of the questions put forth.
    Maybe the questions were above you? LOL!
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    edited September 2012
    An orc walks into a bar.

A gnome walks under it.

THERE is your explanation.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Shorty saves are still in and will possibly be mentioned in the manual and the in-game descriptions.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In no particular order:

Yes, no, yes, no, yes, I don't know and because.

I'll let you figure out the rest. :)
    Glad to see some shorty love! Personally I believe DWARVES SHOULD RULE THE EARTH!

And Gnomes at least the garden... maybe the shed too...

Halflings were in that good film that won lots of Oscars...
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Anduin

You're comment made me laugh. Personally I love Elves, Humans and Dwarves. never got into gnomes, half-elves or half-orcs. Pretty neutral on Halflings, although occasionally I roll a halfling thief just because. I still wish halflings had gotten a thaco bonus for daggers or shortswords though.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    I love all the short npcs, but my mind was always too small to accept a short main character. Especially for the sex in the romances. I'm sorry, I know I'm disgusting.
    @Dragonspear To be honest, I always find it hard to play a Gnome... I just have an image of them fishing in my Gran's back garden with red cap, rosy cheeks, sitting on the mushroom... Not the heroic look.

@ramagons Have you not heard of the exploits of the Dwarf Cassanunda? Made Cassanova look like a virgin!
    Cassanunda had the original beard tickler...
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    Anduin said:

@Dragonspear To be honest, I always find it hard to play a Gnome... I just have an image of them fishing in my Gran's back garden with red cap, rosy cheeks, sitting on the mushroom... Not the heroic look.

@ramagons Have you not heard of the exploits of the Dwarf Cassanunda? Made Cassanova look like a virgin!

I rated that as insightful for being informative, but you just ruined my appetite for dinner.
    Cassanunda was the only person on the whole of Faerun to consider step ladders as sex toys...