Skip to content

SoA/ToB party transfer

KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
So if i had some items in inventory of any joinable NPC and\or any EXP beyond 2.5 mil, they are forever lost for me in after transferring the party from SoA to ToB if they weren't with me in the end of the SoA, right?

And there is no way of recovering them except using CLUA Console\Shadowkeeper?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, that's right. If you didn't have NPCs and items in the party at the end of SoA, they can't transfer to ToB. You'll be able to summon vanilla NPC versions (of thos NPCs you didn't have at the end of SoA in the party) in ToB with a spirit, but they won't remember your choices for them in SoA.
  • KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
    A pity( Although i wonder why Beamdog couldn't\wouldn't implement some script at least regarding items to be placed in those empty boxes in Pocket Plane, for example, or smth like this.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im assuming its because that is how it was originally and ToB was kind of rushed when it was in production ( I believe they were trying to get the game ready before Christmas) that could also be another reason why some people find ToB to be a little lack luster
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    I used Hexxat to steal the items off them, with the exception of the Shadow Dragon Armor equipped on Jaheira, so I kicked out Korgan then grabbed the armor off Jaheira and kicked her out again. But experience is lost forever I guess, luckily I spent most time with my presumably endgame and TOB party

At the same time, I found that Yoshimo is lost for not taking him to Spellhold and his items not dropped on the floor unlike the bg2 version. It's as if he just ran away. Well, the only thing he had on was probably the studded armor +1 I got for bringing him to do the Slavers quest.