Skip to content

Magical katanas in BGEE?

I'm thinking about a berserker > mage dual, and I love katanas I'm BG2EE, but I'm not sure if I can make it through BGEE without a magical katana.

TIA

Comments

• There's a +1 Katana you can find in Chapter 4. I think that's the only enchanted katana in the game.
    JuliusBorisovsarevok57
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 892
    It's too bad the iron crisis reaches Kara-Tur. :neutral:
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    It didn't. Katanas won't break. You'll only have a bad time against some enemies, but in BG1 it's not a big deal.
    JuliusBorisov
    Raduziel said:

It didn't. Katanas won't break. You'll only have a bad time against some enemies, but in BG1 it's not a big deal.

Seriously?

This changes everything.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    You can manage to buy a non-magic one off Winthrop if you have enough starting gold, talk to Firebead exactly 30 times for 300 gold, and loot every couch in Candlekeep for loose change while having 18 Charisma.

I despise Katanas though. The selection is so thin that it's incredibly limiting in BG, and in BG2 it's basically Celestially Fury + offhand of choice. Meanwhile, there's an excellent array of long swords, 2-handed swords, and others that give a greater sense of treasure hunting than heading straight to the temple district to cheese your way to the only katana you'll use for the rest of the game.

/rant off
    KloroxJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    I agree, but for a fighter dualled to mage, ***** in katana with Celestial Fury and Dakkon Zerth's Blade is a great combo.
    BigfishRaduziel
    I can confirm @Bigfish is correct: I just got through BG1 and my katana never broke.
    JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you really want, you can use the handy dandy cheat codes to "summon" a +2 katana up, and if you want to justify it, go to the sorcerers sundries in bg the city and donate some gold to make it as if you bought it, then bring it in, or even another +1 katana so you could dual wield 2 +1 katanas

I remember back in the good ol' vanilla days, celestial fury was one of my favourite weapons, I always gave it to valygar
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    You can get a katana +2 in the Black Pits.
    SscoootzZ