Skip to content

Anybody else playing Pillars of Eternity while we wait??

VillishVillish Member Posts: 5
While I wait for Dragonspear to come out, I just started a playthrough of Pillars. Gorgeous game, very deep character creation and good gameplay.

Anybody else playing it?

Although I am going to get Icewind Dale soon.

Cheers!

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Liked it - combat got a bit slow and grindy for me though. Not really tempted to do a second playthrough.
    QbertAristillius
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I have begun games in both Pillars and D-OS. Both are pretty games. Neither is necessarily what I am in the mood for. But they will do I guess.
    BelgarathMTH
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @the_spyder
    Could you please tell me what D_OS stands for?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @mashedtaters Divinity Original Sin. It's a great game.
    the_spyder
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    PoE has a low replay value for me. What drives replayability up in rpgs are interesting characters that you want to meet again and dramatic situations that you want to be in again or play through differently, and pillars don't have a lot of that. When it comes to combat - you get to try out every npc and class the first time you play so there's not much new to experience.
    BelgarathMTHQbert
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2016
    Never even finished the game, declined to pre order the expansions. I was tempted to buy them when white marches 2 came out but i resisted my impulse and will stick with my original decision to wait until they are on serious discount sometime and buy them then if i still feel like doing another run through.

D-OS enhanced edition though is discounted on gog now. I've heard many good things about that game so i may purchase it and give it a whirl.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I have the original divine divinity, but haven't tried divinity original sin. Divine divinity is pretty in-depth. It seems to be compared a lot to Diablo, but I didn't find many noticeable similarities except for the overhead perspective.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I would play some Pillars of Eternity, but my mouse is broken. I'm currently using my bamboo graphical tablet to navigate instead of mouse, and playing using tablet kinda feels off.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i really liked the character development and dialogue in this game but i hated the combat. really tried to go out of my way to avoid it as much as possible
  • chuukoguchuukogu Member Posts: 40
    For a kickstarter game, it's brilliant, with some interesting design choices. I tend to overlook many small faults in a game as long as there are cats.
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    The White March 2 is awesome ... been playing POE a lot, even finished it solo. Really, really good stuff! Love the monks in there.
    BelgarathMTH