Skip to content

Help on creating damage vs evil creature EFF

gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
edited February 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Hi guys, I need help regarding IDS file/entry selection for additional damage vs evil align creatures.

Am I right to put 8 for IDS file (align.ids) and 3 for IDS entry if I have to particularly affect evil align creatures/NPC. What does the number in IDS entry means? Any list for that number?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    If I were you I would take a look at how the Daystar works in NI and base what you are doing on that. From what I can tell you seem to be doing things correctly.

I am not sure what you mean by "the number in IDS entry" but the IESDP is the typical reference for what numbers mean and such.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    I am using DHLCEP and from daystar its making even more confused. So i try to take reference from Carsomyr instead. I see that the IDS entry is 51 which can be inferred as Chaotic Evil right?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Daystar is a little complicated because it's got a couple of overlapping sets of EFFs for targeting.

51 is chaotic evil; you can see the values in alignmnt.ids. There are also special values known as 'masks' that will cover a stripe of the alignment table, e.g. mask_evil will cover all evil alignments (LE, NE, CE), mask_lawful covers lawful (LG, LN, LE), etc.
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    This page should at least help you search the effects, identifiers and such:
    http://gemrb.org/iesdp/opcodes/bgee.htm