Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Unexpected behaviour with Cloudkill and Mencar Pebblecrusher

dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,370
Scenario: My solo Assassin/Mage is in the Inn of the Seven Vales and wants to take on Mencar Pebblecrusher et al.

At the bottom of the stairs I cast Haste and Invisibility, go upstairs, find a 'blind spot' and cast Cloudkill into the 'bedroom' (my dialogue box shows that Mencar etc. are taking hits). I then cast invisibility again and retreat hastily downstairs at which point Mencar stops taking hits (long before the Cloudkill should have expired). Then I go back upstairs and see that the 'cloud' has indeed disappeared. I've reloaded and repeated this several times and can confirm that Cloudkill is cancelled immediately when I go downstairs (i.e. leave the screen) - is this the intended behaviour?

P.S. I did kill them all in the end.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,022
    this also happens in bg1, and infact it has done so in the vanilla games as well, especially for bg1, I used that tactic to get rid of web effects ( since that spell lasts so long) so I would go out of the area ( via cave or building) and come back immediately and the spell would be over, so im not sure if its a bug or not per se