Skip to content

Unexpected behaviour with Cloudkill and Mencar Pebblecrusher

dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
Scenario: My solo Assassin/Mage is in the Inn of the Seven Vales and wants to take on Mencar Pebblecrusher et al.

At the bottom of the stairs I cast Haste and Invisibility, go upstairs, find a 'blind spot' and cast Cloudkill into the 'bedroom' (my dialogue box shows that Mencar etc. are taking hits). I then cast invisibility again and retreat hastily downstairs at which point Mencar stops taking hits (long before the Cloudkill should have expired). Then I go back upstairs and see that the 'cloud' has indeed disappeared. I've reloaded and repeated this several times and can confirm that Cloudkill is cancelled immediately when I go downstairs (i.e. leave the screen) - is this the intended behaviour?

P.S. I did kill them all in the end.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    this also happens in bg1, and infact it has done so in the vanilla games as well, especially for bg1, I used that tactic to get rid of web effects ( since that spell lasts so long) so I would go out of the area ( via cave or building) and come back immediately and the spell would be over, so im not sure if its a bug or not per se