Skip to content

What's your favorite spell?

13»

Comments

• colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    The only good thing about familiar in BG2 was the HP boost.

Familiars in NWN on the other hand... nothing like Darth Piximort.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I actually kind of enjoy that the familiar can stealth and scout. Can't the weasel also pickpocket? Anyway I sort of like the relationship with the critter.

In my first BG:EE game I'll be playing a TN character which means my familiar will be a bunny wabbit. I can't recall ever having used one. Is there anything special rabbit familiars can do other than stealth? Will wolves and bears go after them?
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Solobear said:

You can keep familiars in your backpack? Wtf?

Talk to the familiar and you can tell it to climb into your pack. Then it can't be killed and is basically a permanent boost to your HP.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I liked cloudkill the best. Especially because even though magic resistance applies to cloudkill when cast as a spell, it doesn't when cast from a wand. (bug?) I used it to wipe out nests of mind flayers at the cost of a few charges.
  • BlobbersonBlobberson Member Posts: 12

I liked cloudkill the best. Especially because even though magic resistance applies to cloudkill when cast as a spell, it doesn't when cast from a wand. (bug?) I used it to wipe out nests of mind flayers at the cost of a few charges.

Cloudkill is the bomb. It's how I always killed the twisted rune. Wand of cloudkill > all those guys.