Skip to content

Does M’Khiin Grubdoubler have special race bonuses for being a goblin?

BlackorbBlackorb Member Posts: 62
I might have missed this one but i have seen M’Khiin stats (str,dex etc) and i have seen the class description for shaman, but i haven't seen any information if her race (goblin) gives special race bonuses like other races which we cant pick for charname.
[spoiler] Haer Dalis tiefling 50% cold and magic cold resistance, 25% fire and magic fire resistance, 15% physical resistance . and Viconia drow 50 % magic resistance bg 1 65% magic resistance bg 2 not sure if correct but i think those were there racials xd [/ spoiler]

Comments

• BlackorbBlackorb Member Posts: 62
    That was a very Insightful post kamigoroshi thank you :)
    Now lets wait very patiently for a dev to shed some goblin-friendly light on this subject haha :)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    That is some amazingly bad racial traits right there. You'd think they might get a racial bonus to Dex, at least, but I guess goblins are just bad.
    GrammarsaladAbel
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2016
    Well, the saving grace of Goblins in AD&D was that they could communicate with Worgs and Wolves alike. Kind of like a very limited telepathic bond. This made them at least more useful than Kobolds.

And let's not forget the player maddening Nilbogs. Just imagine all the frustration if Neera's Wild Magic could change M'Khiin into one of those walking paradoxes. I sure as hell would play such a mod! ;)
    Blackorb
    edited March 2016
    i would have being kind of sad if they were worse then kobolds, power to the goblins!

Edit: Question @Kamigoroshi you made me curious i could not find the stats for kobolds (only 3.5e)
    Do you know were i can find information about them for 2e?
    Kamigoroshi
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @Kamigoroshi and WOW the kobold is even worse then i thought it would be xd

- Gnomes have a +1 bonus when attacking Kobolds. i lol'd a little
    AbelGreenWarlockJuliusBorisov
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Hey now, that "attacked last" ability is kind of awesome. Just for that, I'd play a kobold well before I played a goblin.
    GreenWarlockKamigoroshi
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    There was a sourcebook, the Orcs of Thar, that made subhuman races playable. And, both goblins and kobolds were pretty good (in their way). I think kobolds got a +2 to dexterity, which was a huge deal back then. I don't have the book anymore, so I can't give specifics, unfortunately
    Kamigoroshi
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Look at this:

"...the supplement also includes two more classes: the shaman and the wicca. It also has rules for partial armor and defective weapons — both especial problems for humanoids, but probably of wider use in D&D games."

Bold mine. Also, I remember those armor rules. It was pretty fun stuff
    Kamigoroshi