Skip to content

Now, with the release delay, would you like change in UI presented ?

2»

Comments

• paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Like @Tetraploid, it's not a big thing for me, but he one proposed, or the one shown by @g314 look pretty good.
  • BlaveBlave Member Posts: 39
    As long as the UI works at least as good as the original (BG2) one, I don't care much for looks. Could be pink with bright yellow buttons for all I care.

I always liked the responsiveness of the Infinity Engine UIs - excluding maybe PS:T, which to me always felt a bit clumsy. There are too many games out there that make menial tasks like inventory management a total pain in the a** with delayed input registration, too many screens or inventory tabs and whatnot. The IE-UIs always felt "right", even more so the newer ones like BG2, IWD-HoW and IWD2.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    It's just not at the top of the list for me. Is it a little out of place? Yeah, it's a *little* off. But it's not nearly as bad as all the TuTu 70% of you have been putting up with for years on end. I don't see why it's the end of the world.

My opinion is simply that they clearly have better things to do.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    I don't know what are the plans of Beamdog, but even if I made a screen with the greystone of BG1, for my part I must admit that I prefer the GUI of BG2.

http://nsa30.casimages.com/img/2012/09/12/120912030559525902.jpg

Note : As I said before, it's impossible to adapt the Daylight's concept on the engine. It's just a photoshop manipulation, don't ask to the devs what is impossible.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    @daylights UI is great! Really adds much to the feel with those stylish borders around the character portraits!

I think the key word for the UI should be "customizable"
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

I only want the golden strip all the way down both sides.

Yeah, that's a really buggy part, the right side is incomplete.
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2012
    I personally do not enjoy the blue stone look created by the EE team, although it does keep to the original BG1 design I would hope this UI is not present in BG2.

Kerozevok's UI look fantastic! a much better improvement and seems to really integrate well into the game.
  • SerephSereph Member Posts: 23
    Am I the only one who plays with the side bars minimized? I can see how the one they've been showing in the screen shots is a bit off, but I'm not going to see it 98% of the time so I'm not really worried about it
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    Sereph said:

Am I the only one who plays with the side bars minimized

On my 1024x768, I always hid the panels for a better visibility, on my 1440x900, I always keep the panels for hide the shadow. ^^
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    I was really disappointed by the new UI when it first came out, but I think it was only for the "shock factor" it bears compared to the usual BG UI and by now I really love the blue/gold combination.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    Hey where's my Mad Men submission, that was a genuine suggestion, honest ...
    Edit: I see @j0lssoni linked it :)

Maybe now they're adding in weapon swap functionality for off hand weapons to two handed weapons. That would be totally aces.

• ZwiebelchenZwiebelchen Member Posts: 86
    I would still love to see a spell quickselect tree displayed when pressing a button. Kinda like this one:
    http://www.fcenter.ru/img/softarticle/2007/apr/09/99533.jpg
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Fredjo said:

I was really disappointed by the new UI when it first came out, but I think it was only for the "shock factor" it bears compared to the usual BG UI and by now I really love the blue/gold combination.

My experience as well. And I'm kind of surprised by it too. But I now even like the shiny faux bas relief gold border in addition to the blue stone. This more colorful GUI just feels appropriately dressed up for the richer, sleeker, high-res graphics of the new game.

That said, I do expect to see customization options so that folks can choose the traditional panel, and other forms. Whatever floats the player's boat.