Skip to content

Free action mod?

raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
I'm well aware that this request may be viewed as an inclination towards 'cheating' in the perspective of devoted fans of the series such as yourselves. However:

Is there a mod for BG2:EE that makes free action compatible with being hasted, not to mention improved(ly) so? (And if such is the case, would you enlighten me as to its whereabouts?) Free action feels a lot like a debuff to me only on account of the Firecam armor, and i *really* want that FoA+5 for my F/M protagonist.

Cheers!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Miloch's Free Action mod.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    edited March 2016
    Thanks, guys!

Edit: Oh, I can't install it properly, since it seems to miss dialogue.tlk no matter which folder i try to run the installer in. Any tips?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    That sounds like it just needs a new WeiDU. Grab the latest version and replace the existing setup-whatever-it-is.exe with the weidu.exe from that package.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    It's not working well with the EE versions anyway. I had to manually change spells (and items too I think). Too lazy to revise it, but it shouldn't be that hard.
    I browsed my folders and actually found out what I did for BGEE. I installed @Miloch mod with WeiDU as @CamDawg suggested and then manually override the Cleric spells and the ring (extract attached file in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override').

(Needed new message to attach file)
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    Thank you, I'll try wrapping my head around this!
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Abel So you still need to install @Miloch mod and then copy you files into override, right? Could PnP Free Action v2 be updated by you/Miloch with you files?
    Hello, @ALIEN ! Yes, if I remember correctly, that's what should be done! It's been a long time since I last modded and I'm not sure I'll be doing it again anytime soon. But I think @klatu's mod also changes Free Action the way we want it (see discussion here).
    @abel Ye, I might just use klatu version, maybe do you know about some subtle differences between those two?
    @ALIEN @klatu's version works :smiley: ! From memory, @Miloch's mod also modifies descriptions but I think that's all.
    @Abel Thanks for clarification!