Skip to content

BG1 - SoD UI transition

I noticed that default UI color for BG1 is still blue. However for SoD it's black. So since SoD is an expansions for BG1, then when this:
https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/ca/5a3a92b893fef17d3200f91773aabd.jpg
will transit into this:
http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/img/screenshots/screen02.jpg
When you deal a fatal blow to Sarevok, then in the same seccond BG1 UI will change into SoD?

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    My guess is if you buy SoD, you will get the black for all BG:EE. If you don't, you will stay blue.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited March 2016
    Based on the Twitch stream commentary, SoD is handled like ToB for BG2, not ToTSC for BG1 (how many acronyms can I cram into one sentence? :wink: ). So, you will import your final save after defeating Sarevok into SoD. I would guess that the UI color shift (and the upper left icon change) will occur then.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I would prefer Pecca solution. This Blue UI is awful. Btw, so we dont have seamless transition between BG1 and SoD? Good that we have EET on the way.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    there are mods to change the blue UI to a brown/grey style like the original GUI in SoA
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2016
    Seldar said:

there are mods to change the blue UI to a brown/grey style like the original GUI in SoA

All GUI mods need to be readjusted by their authors in order to keep up with v2.0's dozens of UI changes.

On a second thought, it would probably be faster to just wait for an mod to overwrite BG:EE's GUI with that of SoD's.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    ok, but as he was talking about the blue GUI from BG1EE I just sent that in the topic. I dont know when SoD will be released, indeed it could be better to wait for updates
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    From what I got during the last Twitch commentary BG:EE's GUI will be updated after SOD is released (by the end of the month :smiley: ,counting backwards already :smile: ).

It is already available for the beta testers and would be for us too, but the developers decided to make the implementation after SOD's release to make the SOD experience more exciting!!
    I totally get that and fully agree, although it hurts since I am not a beta tester.. but I am so excited anyway!
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Seldar said:

ok, but as he was talking about the blue GUI from BG1EE I just sent that in the topic. I dont know when SoD will be released, indeed it could be better to wait for updates

SoD will be released on march 31st.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I want original stone from Baldurs Gate Vanilla back!