Skip to content

Off Topic - List of games that you would like to be remade

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'd love to see FF6 rendered in cell-shaded or vector graphics instead of pixelated sprites. Any of those great SNES games--A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana... All classic games, which would be just as great today as they were fifteen years ago if they were just re-rendered in HD.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I assume outlandish wishes are cool on this thread. I'd like to see the Fable series done how it was meant to be done. So, I mean, COMPLETELY remade, not just graphics, but the whole thing.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You mean, like Fable III, but good?

*hides*
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @Aosaw I mean like all three (I don't care about Journey, though I have a feeling it'll suck). I enjoyed all three immensely, but I think anyone who says they're as good as they could have been is delusional. They promised a lot and delivered about half. I'd like to see the other half.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    edited September 2012
    Where do I start? There's a lot of games on the C64 I'd like to see remade. eg. The Last Ninja. Similar with the hundreds of games on the SNES.
    Blakes7 said:

If Obsidian were to remake the first 7 Ultima's that would be cool. Also the Krondor and Gold Box games. Off the top of my head...

That would be great to see all the old gold box games remade. Can only dream. :(

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Hmm.

Legend of Dragoon
    Sonic games ... like, the good ones. Sonic 1-3 and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were indisputably awesome.
  • WonderviceWondervice Member Posts: 56
    Final Fantasy tactics
    Dungeon Keeper
    Black and White
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

@mch202 : Hey, *I* wanted to mention that game D:

But it is true, the LBA games held and still hold a lot of promise, they could easily be developed into either a new sequel or into a remake that could sell well. A game for kids, with a story that is actually much darker and grimmer than one might think. It's also very well thought throughout. It's definitely the game that made my youth.

Im seriously considering installing it again, still have the old disk, great game in my opinion!
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    how about Super Frog, anyone played it? I remember when being a kid, this game rule my world. And it wasn't so easy really. So many good memories from the time when i had Amiga600, so many great games:)
    Damn! even before that! When I had commodore c64 and my first game ever... GianaSisters. Was 6 years old then.
    Who remembers adjusting the commodore's casette player with screw driver?:D
  • ShemhamShemham Member Posts: 8
    Sereph said:

Not an rpg in the strictest sense, and not even a computer game, but I would love to see a graphics overhaul on Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, especially MM. Just dont touch the content, at all. Dont add anything or edit anything, I just want it to look pretty haha

This, but I for one would be extremely interested to see remake that'd include at least half of the beta material Nintendo originally planned for the OoT, but dropped due to discarding the N64DD-system.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Nobody mentioned FF7 with the Tech Demo graphics yet.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Powermonger and Wings from the Amiga;)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Legend of Dragoon 2 had an announcment of development at Sony Computer Entertainment in april of 2012, they however cancelled the project.

Later in Legend of Dragoon wiki page there is an reference on the news that Sony renewed the Legend of Dragoon trademark for unknown pruposes... suggestive?
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Blakes7 said:

If Obsidian were to remake the first 7 Ultima's that would be cool. Also the Krondor and Gold Box games. Off the top of my head...

@Moomintroll I'll second someone remaking the Thief games and I'll throw in the System Shocks for good measure.

Oh my god this.

Betrayal at Krondor is the best game no one ever played. It's sad how forgotten it's become to the PC gamer, but that game... Man. It was incredible. I'd love to see it and it's cousin Betrayal in Antara redone.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited September 2012
    Blade of darkness was pretty cool, slash & chop off limbs style game, but I had a lot of fun with it.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    @Yovaneth thanks for that link. Only thing i might like better than BG1/BG2 is Morrowind. I was considering replaying it after i finish all my other games(i'm so far behind in my game playing i may never finish before i croak) and that overhaul sounds absolutely fabulous and i wasn't aware of it. As for remaking or modernizing? list follows

FFIV, FFVI & FFVII maybe 9 as someone else mentioned although i kinda prefer to leave the original as is
    Secret of mana(someone said it on page 1 and i like that idea though it wasn't on my original list)
    all the old D&D games as suggested by blakes7. I still have all the original games in that series(pool of radiance, hillsfar, curse of the azure bonds etc etc) and trying to find a decent dos emulator that works on win7 to play them for nostalgia reasons)
    edited September 2012
    Is morrowind realy that good? Lot´s of people are talking about it how cool it was. I played Oblivion a few hours and after running randomly trough the land i got bored of the same caves and woods.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    Copfisher: http://www.correntewire.com/files/donuts.jpg

also Twister, Spin-the-Bottle, and any of the ones that cause cooties.
    edited September 2012
    For some reason playing Morrowind made me deathly nauseous, but Oblivion and Skyrim didn't.
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    @Awong124 Perhaps it was levitation. Why is it not OK anymore for a RPG player to "break the game" by flying?
    @Leronis No, just walking around. I'd get nauseous after like half an hour and have to stop playing. I could play Skyrim for hours and be fine.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2012
    Awong124 said:

For some reason playing Morrowind made me deathly nauseous, but Oblivion and Skyrim didn't.

You're not alone there. I had a few friends who reacted that way as well to the graphics in combination with fast mouse movement. No idea why. They found a compromise by slowing down the mouse sensitivity so things were a bit slower. Worth a try anyways.

Is morrowind realy that good? Lot´s of people are talking about it how cool it was. I played Oblivion a few hours and after running randomly trough the land i got bored of the same caves and woods.

Morrowind i think(and bare in mind it's my opinion only) had just the right balance of open-worldlyness and plot/story, and it was a good story. I also found that game to be very....atmospheric? It had a wonderful feel to it, i felt instantly immersed into this world like no other game before or since. Some of those caves were downright creepy too lol. Well worth playing in my opinion with the right balance of mods to complement it.

I think that in later games by Bethesda like oblivion and fallout3(and a few others in those series), many thought them to be a little TOO open world and also disliked the scaling ennemies, but it made sense based on an article i read long ago from 2 of the designers(names and article are in my "i can't remember file" as after 5 heart attacks, my memory is like a piece of swiss cheese...lotta holes hehe, but if i can track down the article i'll post it) who stated that these games were designed on purpose this way to accomodate the 2 main types of gamers out there. The power gamers who just want to plow through the game and finish it and move on and the explorers/perfectionists who like to do every quest, explore every corner of the world and come back for more in case they missed something. Many tend to overlook this aspect.

• rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    not RPG's, but...
    Allied General/Panzer General (i date myself by mentioning these)
    Panzer General was remade, but the remake was terrible
  • TherasTaneelTherasTaneel Member Posts: 5
    Others than those mentioned...
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption and
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.
    oh yeah the vampire games. Both are realy realy unique and cool.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207

Others than those mentioned...
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption and
    Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

My first playthrough of Bloodlines began earlier this week.

I still vote for a TIE Fighter or X Wing remake above all else ;)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I finshed bloodlines a small amount of time.
    Redemption is one of the most incredible games i played, with an unique story that bind our attention from the start to the end, but unfortunally the replayability of redemption was near 0. It's an awersome game, but after finsh it 1 time there are very few things that could make us play it again (i played it 2 times with a huge space of time between those playthroughs).
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    FF7. One of the best console game storylines ever...in an age where most games were pure gimmicks and graphics. Aeris has been dead for many years and people still can't accept it. The problem is that FF7 is almost still good enough to play today.

FFT is next on my list.