Skip to content

Off Topic - List of games that you would like to be remade

13»

Comments

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Warcraft: Orcs & Humans - I love the style of the original game but the controls ruin it for me. Just remake the control system to that of Warcraft II, a childhood classic of mine.

Spyro 1, 2, 3 - The first games I ever played on a 64-bit console (Playstation 1). Updated graphics would be nice.

Pokemon Yellow - First Gameboy game I ever played and it remains my favorite game in the franchise. I would love an up-to-date version with all the convenient features.

Fallout 1 & 2 - These games would kick ass if they were in the same engine of Fallout 3 / New Vegas. The only problem with it are all those gamers who argue which versions were better when it clearly shows that they are comparing apples to oranges.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    FF7 is nice and i love this game but FFVI (III in snes) will always be better in my eyes, i believe that FFVI was the game that better worked the espers (some FFs call them simply summons).

but there's a reason for it as the espers are the main issue in FFVI, taking the fact that Terra, the main character of FFVI is an half-esper
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    I think a good rule for game remakes is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." FF7 has aged pretty dang well.

Someone mentioned Arcanum earlier, now that game needs fixing. :P
    Arveragus
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Remakes on graphic issues only are valid for me, and some games are so old that if you adapt them to the actual graphic tecnology, you have to add or change something otherwise the the content will lose a bit of it's coherence.

FFVI is probally the best RPG in his style that i played in my entire life, but the story advanced too much quickly to the standarts of our time, the lack of graphic quality made the focus on the history more intense and some needed explanations and details in the storyline where lost for this reason.

Maybe is just me but i think if someone is willing to remake a game, my say is:

Do it entirely and right. Free Reign to the project.

Nostalgia normally make us want a remake of an old game, this is an good aspect of nostalgia, but it can't prevent the game to adapt, to enhance and evolve where it can grow even more, by fear of disappointment, if we get luck and a good work we will have something even better than the original game, if not, the original game is yet there to be played.
    Blakes7
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2012

Me like !!
    kamuizin
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    First and foremost, the "Star Trek: 25th Anniversary" and "Judgement Rites" titles, with high-rez graphics, but not a whole lot else changed. Maybe the ship combat more along the lines of Bridge Commander.
    And then ditto for the Next Generation "Final Unity" game. But especially the TOS titles, they are a wealth of voiceover gold that cannot be replaced.
    Blakes7
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    I quite enjoyed Blade Runner when it came out and it would be good to have it in playable format again.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I'd like a Battlefield 1942 remake. Maybe it's 'cursing in the church' on a RPG-game forum, but I like WW2 shooters as well and BG1942 was the only good WW2 shooter with a sandbox instead of railroad-feel to it in single player (I've tried Brothers in Arms - too railroaded, Call of Duty - far too noisy and railroaded as well, Medal of Honour - again, railroading the player). I'm very angry at EA for not releasing BF1943 on PC, I was very much looking forward to that game.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I have some great memories of FPS games too. I modded for SOF1 and SOF2 and loved MoHAA and MoHPA. And vietcong was a blast as well so nothing against them.