Skip to content

Familiar affected by "Polymorph Other", how on earth do i dispel it?

So, my ferret familiar got hit with a bad case of polymorph other and is now apperently a squirrel. His HP, pick pocket skill and speed have all gone down the drain so i figured i should dispel this madness.

Here is the thing: Dispel Magic does not work correctly. When i cast the spell on him it just says "Dispelled effects" and gives him his ferret paws back. Still the same lousy hp and speed though.
Temples cant cast the Dispel magic's on familiars and i dont want to kill him off and rez my ferret (like i would do if it affected an npc) because i would take an HP hit.

How do i get rid of his squirrel form?
GoturalArdul

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Go recruit brawen, cast remove curse, kick her out, resume playthrough
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    I assume you can't talk to your (former) ferret and put them in your pack?
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Maybe polymorph him into something more useful?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited March 2016
    @elminster aren't the status and effects of the familiar the same when you put it in your pack and release it again. It is handled as an out of party character after all...

Anyway, remove curse wont work. You will need a powerful enough dispel magic. Since dispelling fails if the caster is not high level enough, you may want to try finding a powerful enemy mage or cleric that casts dispel and get your familiar hit by that. You could charm said mage or cleric to make it easier. If you shoot the familiar with an arrow of dispelling that would work too. You could also use Ctrl-R if you have the console enabled.
    elminsterCaptRory
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    How did you manage to get it polymorphed btw, wild surge? Which enemy uses polymorph? Or did you use the wand or spell on it yourself?
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    This is hilarious!
    Philhelm
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    lunar said:

How did you manage to get it polymorphed btw, wild surge? Which enemy uses polymorph? Or did you use the wand or spell on it yourself?

It was Rhialto, from the wild mage additions mod.

Will try the arrow of dispel tip tho!

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    DJKajuru said:

"My ferret was poliphormed into a squirrel"

It means your Pokemon evolved.

Doubt it. A pokemon like this evolving should clearly be evolving into either an electrified ferret, a flying ferret, or just a fatter, taller ferret. Lets leave any future squirrel evolutionary forms for Pachirisu :)

(that all said KingGhidorah if you aren't able to fix the issue with dispel magic attach a save here (through a zip or rar file) and I'll see what I can do)
    CaptRory
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    elminster said:

DJKajuru said:

"My ferret was poliphormed into a squirrel"

It means your Pokemon evolved.

Doubt it. A pokemon like this evolving should clearly be evolving into either an electrified ferret, a flying ferret, or just a fatter, taller ferret. Lets leave any future squirrel evolutionary forms for Pachirisu :)
    I'm not so sure @elminster... Some strange stuff tends to happen in pokemon. Like a fish (remoraid) evolving into an octopus (octillery) for instance.