Skip to content

Make SoD special

GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
I'm going to make a plea to deliver /less/ in the patch. Specifically, take the shaman class out for release (although clearly play testing now is useful) so that M'khiin remains a special NPC when you first meet her, rather than an underwhelming also-ran, when the PC happens to be a higher level shaman with multiple 19+-stats from the first game.

Release the kit in Patch 2.1, when we have all (hopefully!) have had a chance to play SoD on our relevant platforms, not just the PC.

(This may be an unpopular opinion ;))

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    There's also the fact that some people might not want to play SoD immediately or at all but still want the experience of a new class. Got to consider that too.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @Artemius_I I am not advocating never making the shaman available as a PC, simply preserving some of the mystique for the initial release. Players prepared to play mods already have a wide variety of classes and game-changes available to them, so naturally would expect to find this in a modded game. However, assuming players don't routinely reach outside the box, making the Shaman a special feature of SoD for the first 3-6 months would not be a bad thing (from my perspective).

Rolling it out /ahead/ /of/ SoD in free patches to the regular games is mighty generous in my book. (Not that generosity is a bad thing!)