Skip to content

How to Remove Time skip from Cromwell forging?

I think if anything it is extremely dumb to force us to rest 8/16 hrs for each items to forge... This didnt exist back in vanilla SoA, any idea how can I remove this using Dialogue with DHLCEP.

I am so pissed with the timeskip that I have may have to force myself to use EEkeeper and manually exchange each item 1 by 1 (Seriously?)

Comments

• gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2016
    Thanks to this "bug" I lost my thieve stronghold in the middle of forging where I one shot forge everything...

This is absolute dumb. Dont fixed what is not wrong!!
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I'm pretty sure that even in vanilla SoA you had to wait 24 hours. That shouldn't be long enough though to cause you to lose your stronghold. Not unless you had already received a message (possibly days ago) that the Quartermaster was waiting for you. I believe you've got like two or three days from that point to go pay him.

I'd still be interested in getting rid of this time requirement though, if anyone knows a way.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    Pteran said:

I'm pretty sure that even in vanilla SoA you had to wait 24 hours. That shouldn't be long enough though to cause you to lose your stronghold. Not unless you had already received a message (possibly days ago) that the Quartermaster was waiting for you. I believe you've got like two or three days from that point to go pay him.

I'd still be interested in getting rid of this time requirement though, if anyone knows a way.

Actually what gatt means is that in vanilla SoA, you could leave the area while Cromwell forges and then come back the next day for your items, at the same time you could do your other quests. I guess he lost his stronghold 'coz it was expecting a response from him asap.

But in EE, Cromwell needs help with his shop, he asks you to assist him for 8 hours, the script rests your party. I don't see why he needs 6 people though, If only one of your party members could stay there lol.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    If I remember correctly, Cromwell always said he'd need a day of assistance from you, but it didn't actually take any time and items were forged instantly. I distinctly remember thinking this was very strange, that the dialog didn't line up with the mechanics. The EEs just made the mechanics match the dialog, which I, at least, approve of.
    I prefer the old way of not having any time skip. Afterall Cesperna didnt need timeskip right?

Any idea to revert back to how it was in the original SoA?
    Tresset said:
    Oh my thanks soo much for the mod... finally i dont have to manually exchange the items and resort to cheats just to fix the game back to how it was in SoA
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    Jarrakul said:

If I remember correctly, Cromwell always said he'd need a day of assistance from you, but it didn't actually take any time and items were forged instantly. I distinctly remember thinking this was very strange, that the dialog didn't line up with the mechanics. The EEs just made the mechanics match the dialog, which I, at least, approve of.

The game forces you to rest (you see the bed thing) and it states you have rested for 8 hours.
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 141
    In BG2 crafting by Cromwell took 0 hours to complete. In EE 1.2 it took 16 hrs. In EE 1.3 it now takes 24 hrs. BG2 was probably best; you could rest if you'd like to pass time; you avoided having to worry about the timing of other quests you may have had in progress.