Skip to content

Console Commands/The new console

So at a basic level I don't really understand how this console works. I can understand the God Bow, Give Gold and Give Experience, but beyond that not so much. I currently have a string saying "BD0010 TEST" which I can't really interact with, a Travel Button and an Explore button which don't seem to do a lot and none of the previous console commands work anymore. Have I missed something? I've read through the FAQ and such to see if they've mentioned it at all but I can't see anything about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Explore button works just fine for me. Only thing I couldn't get working was the Travel button. I managed to import items, creatures, level up and move to areas with the console so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Would you please post the command you would use to create normal arrows or any item for that matter. To me it's CLUAConsole:CreateItem("arow01", 100) to create 100 normal arrows but that just throws up an error so, what do you put?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited March 2016
    Ah, it is just C:CreateItem nowadays, typing out CLUAConsole:CreateItem is not working anymore. With just C: I get 100 arrows. Works for all the other codes the same way.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Well shit I didn't know that. CLUAConsole worked before this beta patch but oh well, there we are, working now. Thank you mate.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I'll start by saying that the debug menu is a feature for internal testing, and while we have no issue with it being used, it isn't really a supported feature. Please do not submit bug tickets about the debug menu.

The scrollable list that currently contains "BD0010 Test" is for a list of areas, for quick navigation around the game. You select an area and click "Travel" and it is equivalent to C:MoveToArea(). We just haven't populated this list for BG1/2 (yet?)

The Explore button is the equivalent of C:ExploreArea()

I wasn't aware that we dropped CLUAConsole:, but to be honest I can't think of a reason why I'd want it back :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Cerevant said:

I wasn't aware that we dropped CLUAConsole:, but to be honest I can't think of a reason why I'd want it back :)

Still you can add it back by putting
    CLUAConsole = C
    At least that works in the v1.3.xxxx games.
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Wait, DEBUG isn't a feature? Good lord, without "Ctrl-8" it will take me like forever to roll 108... =D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Cerevant said:

@Cerevant I usually used CLUAConsole to fix quests, to get global variables and set them, especially in romances.

That helped greatly in all my games, as there always were things to fix.

How can I do it now?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear - the console is there, and it functions exactly as it did before. The difference I'm talking about is instead of typing:
    CLUAConsole:ExploreArea()
    You now type:
    C:ExploreArea()

I think 1.3 allowed both forms, and apparently 2.0 now only takes the latter. Also note that we no longer use Baldur.ini but Baldur.lua, so enabling debug mode has to happen in that file.