Skip to content

Crashed No Re-load Deletion

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Had a no Re-load that went perfectly up until after Mulahey. Game crashed and the entire record was lost. Re-running the game it okay to consider everything upto Mulahey as completed and technically start the No-Reload challenge after re-running and re-defeating the mines? No fault of my own that the original file was lost and it seems like a waste to consider it a solid challenge when it was genuinely completed initially only to be randomly deleted. Thoughts?

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Sorry, no reload means no reload.
    Noloir
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    edited March 2016
    Philhelm said:

Couldn't care less at this point. Alot of conditional tweaks for me to care. Like when backstabbing have to be perfectly behind or it doesn't register yada yada. No time for it. Seems like No Reloads are a practice of avoidance. Rather spend the time actually playing.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    That's why i never Played Hardcore in Diablo3 , or do no Reloadruns in any Game , the chance the game crashes , bugs or lags or whatever is way to High.

given depending on your route to the Nashkeel mines you are not deep in the game , but lets say that stuff happens after standing Before Sarevok after Clearing like every Map every dungeon and every Kobold from the face of the Swordcoast that would kill me.

so my two cents, if you like that kind of Stuff make two extra saves and overwrite one then you swap to a new zone and the second for the next and the swap again. that gives you enough leetime in case a File gets corrupted , and at the end of the Day its your Fun and your Time so make sure you get both out of it.
    edited March 2016

That's why i never Played Hardcore in Diablo3 , or do no Reloadruns in any Game , the chance the game crashes , bugs or lags or whatever is way to High.

given depending on your route to the Nashkeel mines you are not deep in the game , but lets say that stuff happens after standing Before Sarevok after Clearing like every Map every dungeon and every Kobold from the face of the Swordcoast that would kill me.

so my two cents, if you like that kind of Stuff make two extra saves and overwrite one then you swap to a new zone and the second for the next and the swap again. that gives you enough leetime in case a File gets corrupted , and at the end of the Day its your Fun and your Time so make sure you get both out of it.

No Reload means no Reload. It blows but just going to suck it up and re-do it. Each time a run ends there's something new to learn about approaching different sequences. Figured out for the first time that Erbane in Durlag's Tower buys fenced goods while also selling thief pots.

With a Bard or Thief, running Shadow Dancer, can sell high priced items in Nashkel, steal them, and sell them to Erbane getting twice the gold value for each single item. There's good in the bad. Doesn't make it less frustrating though. Thanks for the input. Will definitely make multi-saves in the future.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It's your gane you can do what you feel like.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    A bug shouldn't ruin your efforts, I would continue your run.

I still save quite a lot when playing no-reload, especially in ToB where I suffered from something like 10 crashes/bugs, you never know.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Noloir said:

Philhelm said:

Couldn't care less at this point. Alot of conditional tweaks for me to care. Like when backstabbing have to be perfectly behind or it doesn't register yada yada. No time for it. Seems like No Reloads are a practice of avoidance. Rather spend the time actually playing.
    I was just fooling. I would suggest that you do whatever you want. It's not like anyone will know or care one way or the other, or that we'll send assassins after you (the few remaining ones that Charname didn't kill). You already made it to point X, so just restart your challenge from point X; a technical glitch isn't your fault.

Philhelm said:

Noloir said:

Philhelm said:

I was just fooling. I would suggest that you do whatever you want. It's not like anyone will know or care one way or the other, or that we'll send assassins after you (the few remaining ones that Charname didn't kill). You already made it to point X, so just restart your challenge from point X; a technical glitch isn't your fault.

Nah, just raging on account of the lost files. The run there after flopped in the Ankheg Cavern so re-starting all over again. Wouldn't be a challenge otherwise.
    Mirage
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    It is always up to you in the end...
    In my point of view if you still had the save file would be totally legitimate.

But in the end I consider dying in the sword coast is still early game (90% of my no-reload runs ended there)
    so yeah thumbs up for starting a new one!
    Good luck!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Philhelm said:

Actually it doesn't.

You are allowed to reload and restart from a certain point if the game stops beyond your control, like a crash or a freeze or way back in the day lag.

Death by computer malfunction doesn't exist in the forgotten realms.
    Mirage