Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Pirate Leader timing in Brynnlaw

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
edited March 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
In Brynnlaw, after rescuing Imoen, there is an encounter with a Pirate Leader on the dock below the Vulgar Monkey, leading to a fight with several pirates. In EE 1.3 he is present only between midnight and 6am, which is a narrow window and tough to time. Pre EE 1.3 the Pirate Leader was present at 7pm and through the night, making it easier to time.

Please adjust the timing of that fight with the Pirate Leader.

Thank-you very much.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    So far as I can see they are scripted to arrive after hour 19 and before hour 05, but will not appear until 24 hours after any previous pirate encounter. This behaviour looks unchanged between EE and the original game, so is it likely that you've had an earlier encounter which shifts their arrival.
    Thanks
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Correct. There was a "random pirate" or 2 still on the map. I fought them. That delays the timing with the Pirate Leader appearing, I suppose. Would it be possible to remove that constraint so that you get the Pirate Leader & gang fight at the time frame intended no matter what? Just a suggestion. Thanks.
    From what I saw after a bit more digging, the timer looks to be set on area creation. Did you get back to Brynnlaw in less than 24 hours from arrival?

I suspect staying another day in Brynnlaw would see them arrive at the correct time. This feels more like a feature request than a bug, i.e. original intent could be that players making rapid progress depart before the pirates get the chance to arrive.
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    You are correct! I arrived in Brynnlaw at D24:0; Saemon teleported me out to Brynnlaw at D24:21, so I returned to Brynnlaw within 24 hrs. Thank-you for the digging.
    Alright, I think I'll close this one off on that basis.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.