Skip to content

DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
edited March 2016 in The Road to v2.0
Just my own observations but, if left to its own devices without player direction, the advanced AI will tend to get stuck on party members when closing on an enemy target. For instance, if I have 2 melee characters and both of them are closing on the same target(let's assume there's only one enemy to fight), the rearmost one will often get 'stuck' on the foremost one, and not move around it.
ronaldomlnevese

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The new pathfinding is much better than the old version as anyone who has been to the Firewine ruins can attest but the AI certainly seems to have trouble getting close to a single target.
    Durenas
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    That was true even on 1.3 without AI. I would order two chars to melee and have to manually move the back one around the front one.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    BillyYank said:

That was true even on 1.3 without AI. I would order two chars to melee and have to manually move the back one around the front one.

The situation is much worse with the AI self navigating. When I manually order my party to attack a certain target, they usually will close to melee range and navigate around the obstacles correctly. With the AI, it nearly always sticks on any other party member that is in the way.
    mlnevese