Skip to content

My art work [Viconia]

akirachen47akirachen47 Member Posts: 38
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Although the game is delayed, but still looking forward to November, I to believe BGEE would be perfect!

This is my new art work "Viconia", I hope you like it, later painting other Character. :)

Post edited by Coriander on
TulimyrskyajwzKhamillVidarRazorAwong124mch202MoiraQuartzShinO_BrucelunarhaloSophiaBrudeKholdstareDarsidianHejaslordkimAlejandroZafiroFredjoZinodinEnialusMeliamneDjimmyPermidion_StarkRedGuardCaptRorySanity1015VargnattRoller12DLiteAkerhonjunk11GrandeCSCARY_WIZARDARKdeEREHSilySouthpawKaterinaAndreaColomboMoomintrollonkelosuppoMedullaOblongata

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    ULTRA-NICE!!!! :-)
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    You should totally submit that mace design to the BG:EE developers! Looks mean!

Reminds me of the Storm Star
    elminsterMoiraQuartzDragonspear
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Awesome and sexy.
    Really good artwork. I might convert it and use as a portrait if you don't mind,
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Obviously your technique is incredible, but there is one thing that I think looks kind of weird. This is probably just personal preference but I think the proportions are a little off. The waist and chest are way too narrow compared to the hips.
    QuartzBrudethat70sgirl7887
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    Lousy armour.
    Dragonspear
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    You have a gift!
    Are you an art professional?
  • mjellymjelly Member Posts: 10
    nice child bearing hips on her...me likey :)
    Sylvus_MoonbowEnialusMeliamne
  • akirachen47akirachen47 Member Posts: 38

You should totally submit that mace design to the BG:EE developers! Looks mean!

Reminds me of the Storm Star

Thank you, If they need to, and I am happy to work with the developers team. :)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Awong124 said:

Obviously your technique is incredible, but there is one thing that I think looks kind of weird. This is probably just personal preference but I think the proportions are a little off. The waist and chest are way too narrow compared to the hips.

I agree. But your art is amazing anyway though.
    Quartz
    ajwz said:

Awesome and sexy.
    Really good artwork. I might convert it and use as a portrait if you don't mind,

Thank you, that you can use in the game, but do not be used in other commercial purposes.:)
    Razor said:

You have a gift!
    Are you an art professional?

Thanks, Yes, I am. :)
    mch202 said:

ULTRA-NICE!!!! :-)

Awong124 said:

karpasz said:

Lousy armour.

mjelly said:

nice child bearing hips on her...me likey :)

Thank you for your suggestions, I will improve and be better. :)
    mch202
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Vickie! Vickie! Vickivickivickivickie!!!! *faints*
    mch202Fredjo
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    She's wearing a thong under her loincloth. What a prude.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    It's just my opinion, but I don't see large hips as very fitting with what elves are supposed to be. And then the proportions would be off for any race.

In any case, the picture is aesthetically pleasing.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Nice work @akirachen47, like last time.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Amazing one, seriously. Maybe exept that her hips are too... wide and big? It still reminds me of how miserable artistic skills I posess, though.
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    I hate fantasy art, because of all this stupid vestment
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Son you had a chance to give Viconia HUGE boobies and pretty lingerie and you BLEW IT HARD.

I'm not critizing the art, it's good. She's just too thin and I expected it to be more like Imoen. Why is Imoen sexy but Viconia isn't in your eyes?

Draw another one, but with a wider body and bigger arms and rounder facial. :D
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Awong124 Good job, but her face and arms are still thin. Put meat on her.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I deliberately exaggerated certain parts of my personal preferences, which is an illustrator, I would like to express my thoughts freely, only this. :D
    Moira
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Fantastic! I think her thinness is fine, personally. Aren't Elves supposed to be twiggy? :P
    akirachen47ARKdeEREH
    edited September 2012
    Ward said:

@Awong124 Good job, but her face and arms are still thin. Put meat on her.

I actually slimmed down the face on purpose. My very limited PS skills are not good enough to widen the arms. Particularly her right arm, there are too many details around it, I couldn't make it look right.

Fantastic! I think her thinness is fine, personally. Aren't Elves supposed to be twiggy? :P

Thinness is ok, but then the hips are overly wide compared to the rest of the body. I personally think the hips are fine, and the rest needed to be fattened up. I think thin or wide are both fine, the problem I have is the proportion. Leave the hips the way they are and widen the rest, or leave the rest and narrow the hips, either way would work for me, though I personally prefer the former.
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    I love the armor, beautiful work! And just like in the Imoen picture, her expression is wonderful. This is a woman to be reckoned with, practically oozing the power of the Nightsinger.

I hope you'll feel inspired to put a pen on more of the other characters @akirachen47. Perhaps one of the guys as well?
    akirachen47
    @akirachen47 I respect your artistic expression, and your personal preferences. But if you are a professional artist and regularly get commissioned artwork, here is a suggestion that might make your work more popular and get you more work. Since your artwork is based more on a realistic style, and not some weird cartoon/anime style this could be useful.

If you want to sell art then I would assume it would benefit from appealing to the largest number of people possible. And obviously different people are attracted to different things, but science shows that on average people are attracted to proportions that adhere to the golden ratio. The golden ratio is 1.618. With the example of your original, your hip to waist ratio is approximately 2, which is why I don't find it attractive. In my photoshopped version, it's around 1.75, much closer to the golden ratio. This golden ratio applies to almost everything on the body that is in close proximity to each other, shoulder-waist, face-neck, mouth-nose, etc. It's just something to keep in the back of your mind. If you're just drawing for your own amusement, then you can tell me to f--- off. But if you're trying to sell your art, this might be beneficial advice.
    akirachen47LockThe_New_Romance
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Just passing by to contribute with my "like" and to express my felicitations towards your art. Please keep them coming if you have the time :D
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    @Awong124, I've seen girls like that on the street; like, hey, nice face, and when you look down - whoaah! Bootylicious!
    Zafiro said:

@Awong124, I've seen girls like that on the street; like, hey, nice face, and when you look down - whoaah! Bootylicious!

DragonspearDLite
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @Awong124, classic!
    Dragonspear