Skip to content

Achievement Bug

SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
edited March 2016 in The Road to v2.0
I wan't to report that I just finish the Black Pits with my Archer with 5 pips in Long Bows and I didn't achive "Grandmaster" achievement.

I alson had in my party Neere, Dorn and Rashad and didn't get All The Options Achievement.

No achievement for complete game on story mode aka Friend of Volo.

No achievement for diesese, fatigue and pioson at same moment aka Worst day ever.

Comments

• HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    Iam curious. Since you finished the game. Did you at least get the achievement;

Hero of Baldur's Gate -
    Killed Sarevok and ended his threat to Baldur's Gate and the Sword Coast
    ?
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    edited March 2016
    No, I don't. It must be one of the hidden one so I didn't notice. I will put down the list of what I achive, so we can tell wich are 100% bug free.
    Flying Solo
    Godlike
    Juggernaut
    Hero
    Villain
    Murder Incarnate
    Oathbreaker
    Best Day Ever
    On My Own
    Friendly Faces at the Friendly Arm
    Victory is Mine
    Bandits Banished
    Water, Water, Everywhere
    On the Trail
    On My Own... Again
    Mercenary of the Month
    Worst Bodyguard Ever
    Scent of a Kobold
    Only Mostly Dead
    Sobering News
    Noble Assistant
    The Legend of Durlag's Tower
    Faerûnian Idol
    This Belongs in a Museum
    Fishermen's Foe
    Second Chance
    A Work of Art
    Philistine
    Damsel Out of Distress
    Reunion
    Master Thief
    Use Your Words
    He Started It
    Completionist
    Foreshadowing?
    Safe For Now
    Witch Slayer
    Witch Saviour
    Back to Basics
    Lover's Sacrifice
    Lover's Redemption
    An Ancient Evil
  • ZelixZelix Member Posts: 2
    Want to jump in here and second the motion.
    Grandmaster, Lord of Murder, Friend of Volo, Worst Day Ever, All the Options, and Hero of Baldur's Gate are bugged for me.

I haven't gotten Murder Incarnate yet but I just can't find enough creatures (slaughter all of BG and nothing) That achievement needs a progress bar.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    I can confirm that "Murder Incarnate" works. I just went to sleep in Gnoll's Stronghold and hoped for Xvarts/gnolls to wake me up. After a while, I got it.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Worst Day Ever finally worked for me. I used Lesser Restoration on myself for fatigue, Contagion for disease, and the druid spell Poison for poison.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Does anyone think that maybe a Black Pits play through is needed to get the Lord of Murder and Friend of Volo chievers?

I've played through BGEE on Legacy of Bhaal and Story Mode a couple times each and can't seem to get these two to pop. But I have not gone through Black Pits since it first came out (and that BG install was on another PC) so I have also not gotten the Grandmaster achievement. Those are the only 3 I'm missing.
    Sorry for the cross post - I just felt this had to be entered in the achievement bug thread :-)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/40071/#Comment_40071
  • ZoldalfZoldalf Member Posts: 10
    Got infected disease from ghoul + fatigue + drinked poison bottle / used dorns poison weapon ability to get poison but still no achievement. :'(
    Zoldalf said:
    Got infected disease from ghoul + fatigue + drinked poison bottle / used dorns poison weapon ability to get poison but still no achievement. :'(
    Adul said:
    Worst Day Ever finally worked for me. I used Lesser Restoration on myself for fatigue, Contagion for disease, and the druid spell Poison for poison.

That works for me to get the achievement.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Its a shame the game can't tell if a character is keepered or not. I've already unlocked 6 achievements on a test run and I haven't left candlekeep yet.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I think it's ok during beta testing, we're supposed to be testing and clearly there's some bugs with the achivements, I went through black pits with a Fighter and Story Mode, I didn't get Friend of Volo or GrandMaster or Flying Solo.
  • naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    I have all the same bugs as Sikorsky 
    All the options is bugged for me too as can be seen on the screenshot.

This is disappointing as I want to get all the achievements for the roadmap...

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    A fair few achievements are buggered, most notably Grandmaster. Murder incarnate needs a counter.

Wanted to participate in the roadmap thingy
    Still bugged idk why 
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    We occasionally get a chance to pick up bug reports from the forum, but the only way you can be sure something will be looked at is to report them in Redmine according to How to Report Bugs
    There are already tickets for Entertained, Worst Day Ever, All The Options, Judge Jury Executioner, Godlike, etc.

I'll open one now for Grandmaster.
    edited March 2016
    Should we just stack saves where the achievements fails to trigger? (Sadly I managed to trigger "All the options" later on so I can't test my save again)

@Cerevant
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    sure, you can add saves to the ticket, although put what is unique about the case in the file description (e.g. different class, different proficiency, etc)
    I managed to get worst day ever on the following save.

I used poison first on the first character with the second and then contagion with the 3rd.

Does it work for other people?
    I managed to get worst day ever on the following save.

I used poison first on the first character with the second and then contagion with the 3rd.

Does it work for other people?
    Man thank you very much its worked finally maybe for this achievement require special case
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    So I've managed to get every achievement except Lord of Murder, Grandmaster, and Judge, Jury, and Executioner, though I've done all of the requirements for them, so I should be 100% finished with the achievements, but I can't get these three to unlock.

Lord of Murder seems to be glitched in that it changes your difficulty level randomly while playing. When I first started on the mode, the difficulty slider was completely gone from the the game. When I finished the game and double checked to try and figure out what happened, the slider was there and could be moved, but was set to insane. Somewhere along the way it seems to have switched from Legacy of Bhaal. I have no idea how to reproduce this though.

Grandmaster and Judge, Jury, and Executioner just flat out don't unlock.

Some others that were glitched for some reason were Entertained, Worst Day Ever, and All the Options. I just played different saved files on different difficulties and they eventually unlocked for me.

On a side note, am I the only one disappointed that there is an achievement for stupid quests like Joseph's Greenstone ring and Drienne's cat, but no achievements for Werewolf Island, the Ice Labyrinth, and killing Drizzt?
    edited March 2016
    So I've managed to get every achievement except Lord of Murder, Grandmaster, and Judge, Jury, and Executioner, though I've done all of the requirements for them, so I should be 100% finished with the achievements, but I can't get these three to unlock.

Lord of Murder seems to be glitched in that it changes your difficulty level randomly while playing. When I first started on the mode, the difficulty slider was completely gone from the the game. When I finished the game and double checked to try and figure out what happened, the slider was there and could be moved, but was set to insane. Somewhere along the way it seems to have switched from Legacy of Bhaal. I have no idea how to reproduce this though.

Grandmaster and Judge, Jury, and Executioner just flat out don't unlock.

Some others that were glitched for some reason were Entertained, Worst Day Ever, and All the Options. I just played different saved files on different difficulties and they eventually unlocked for me.

On a side note, am I the only one disappointed that there is an achievement for stupid quests like Joseph's Greenstone ring and Drienne's cat, but no achievements for Werewolf Island, the Ice Labyrinth, and killing Drizzt?

I still can't get Grandmaster and Lord of Murder either. For Judge, Jury, and Executioner try to
    kill Brage before he get chance to spoke with you - it worked for me.
    Post edited by Sikorsky on
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited March 2016
    Sikorsky wrote: »
    I still can get Grandmaster and Lord of Murder either. For Judge, Jury, and Executioner try to
    kill Brage before he get chance to spoke with you - it worked for me.

That worked perfectly, thank you.

I'm also surprised there are no achievements for the Black Pits too though. Maybe if there's still time the team could add a few more interesting achievements into the game.
    Post edited by gugulug5000 on
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    Not sure if this has already been asked.

Is it possible to have the achievements ingame also for those of us not using steam? They could be added as an extra screen on the title page.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Ithual wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been asked.

Is it possible to have the achievements ingame also for those of us not using steam? They could be added as an extra screen on the title page.

At the moment they are steam only. Once the gog version gets worked out the devs will look into enabling them on that version too. I doubt the Beamdog, Android, or IOS versions will get achievements, but I could be wrong.
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2016
    That sounds promising. I have both Beamdog and Gog for all EEs

But wouldn't beamdog and gog release be the same?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Ithual wrote: »
    That sounds promising. I have both Beamdog and Gog for all EEs

But wouldn't beamdog and gog release be the same?

Yes, but GOG has an Achievement system like Steam does where as Beamdog does not. Of course an internal Achievements system that doesn't rely on an external infrastructure would work on all platforms.