Bug reporting will be handled using Redmine
. If you do not yet have an account, register there first! If you can't see the bug report projects within 24 hours, contact @Cerevant
. For those who tested with us before, we're using a drastically simplified approach - so no worries!
There are separate projects in Redmine for BG:EE and BGII:EE. You can find the project for the game you are testing by selecting it from the "Jump to a project..." drop down in the upper right corner of the page.
From there, you want to click on the "Issues" tab and look through or search to see if the issue has already been reported. Do not report any issues if you have installed mods or edited your saves.
For each new issue, click on the "New Issue" tab, and fill in the following details:In the Tracker: box, Select whether you think the issue is a Bug or a new FeatureIn the Subject: box, A title that includes your platform in brackets and clearly states what is wrong.
Try to formulate the subject as a "should" or "should not" statement.
Example: [Windows] There should be no audio distortions while the movies play.
The following three items go in the Description Box:A numbered list of exact steps that will reproduce the problem.
Anyone reading the list should be able to follow it without detailed knowledge of the quest or situation. There are two ways to do this:
1. Begin with starting a new game from the main menu.
2. Attach a zipped save and begin with "1. Load the attached save."
In either case, it is okay to include console commands to shorten the steps (see the example below).A one-sentence statement (each) of the observed and expected behaviors.
As with the subject, try to use "should" or "should not" statements. If you don't know what the expected behavior is, write down the negation of the observed behavior. Your hardware and any notes or additional media needed to understand or reproduce the issue.
Finally, in the Found In Version box, select the specific version you were testing.
- Under Notes, include your hardware and anything else you want to add.
- If you are reporting a visual problem, include a screenshot using jpg or png file format only.
- You may also attach a video using mp4 file format only
- If your game crashed, find the crash dump in Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition\crash and attach it to your report as a .zip. Also include the savegame that generated the crash dump.
- The zip file format is the only permitted file compression format for bug ticket attachments. Please do not use RAR, 7z, bz2 or any other compression format.
If you find a typo
handles text issues. If you find a typo, you do not need to make a ticket with repro steps. Instead, PM @Jalily
the StrRef and a quick description of the problem. For those on Android or iOS devices, give the exact quote.
To see StrRefs, either place the following in Baldur.lua:
SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Strref On','1')
or type C:StrrefOn() in the console.