Skip to content

Voice actors: Beamdog, a detailed cast listing please! (And fan-favorites?)

I only OP this because not all game-developers pay mind to ensure that voice actors' contributions are known. I appreciate that voice-acting is not in-house, but it makes a great difference to the end result, and immersion. These talents contribute to the overall quality and end result.

While I hope Beamdog appreciates this, better safe than sorry.

So Beamdog: please ask for full credits for all the voice actors contributing to Siege of Dragonspear from your voice producer.

Glad to have read some old friends return. Whom would you love to hear in Siege?

Comments

• TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    As to my own wish-list:

Rob Paulsen, whom was Kivan, one of my favorite, and almost default BG party members. (sorry Jaheira)

But as much as I love Kivan, I am blown away that Paulsen also was "Morte" of Planescape Torment; and Sir Ano of BG II. I admire and miss him! If only he could be one of the original voice actors to return...

Jennifer Hale, whom was Dynaheir; and Mazzy; and FemShep and Krem. Dynaheir is too underpowerd to Edwin, so I hope it would rather be Mazzy.

Besides, I'd love to get Minsc (Jim Cummings), Imo (Melissa Disney) and Edwin (Jim Meskimen) back, on an uncertain priority!

Full cast credits, please - any which way, Beamdog.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The devs said during the last live stream they would release the full voice actor list closer to the release of the game (to keep the returning characters more if a surprise).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Adding to what @cmk24 said, I have to add there were some leaks, check
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/666384/#Comment_666384 and.http://press.siegeofdragonspear.com/. The Viconia's voice over actress isn't mentioned in these leaks but she's been confirmed during the twitch sessions.
    Sorry for a bit belated reaction. Busy back-tracking Divinity Kirill in memoriam. :'(

I am just pleased to know that Beamdog would go with the best practice, they rightly should. And the ideo of hearing some old friends just pleases me beyond measure!

The reason I feel strongly about this is two-fold:

- In Cinema, full start and end credits are the norm.

I am not implying each and every game is a cultural highlight, but also - few games are Planescape Torment, and neither is each movie a "citizen kane."

- With those most admirable voice actors, it takes to know what they voiced to have full admiration! I cite here Timothy Watson and Lord Seeker Lucius.

I was bit of a Bann Teagan fancier with Dragon Age Origins, and it took me some throughways, maybe a read hint, to realize that my shifty, temperamental uncle Gamlen would be...  that Teagan!

In case of Inquisition, I ended up searching, because post Teagan and Gamlen, I could not assume Dragon Age game without the voice of Timothy Watson.  And he turned out to be Lord Seeker Lucius. I was too busy wishing I could stick my sword through the throat of that character to realise... he was both Bann Teagan, and my shifty uncle! I just hated Lucius, fair n square.

I am a big admirer of Timothy Watson, but that I have to be told on occasion, what I should admire him for... tells of his talent, and that having full credits is cool, and fair, in my opinion.
    bengoshi said:

Just thx for sharing! :-) I am ever more hopeful for interesting times, end of this month.
    Anyone know, or guess, btw, whom play the new NPCs?

I sort of thought that if Mark Meer pulls an Indian accent on Rashaad, he might do a German one for Voghiln too. yes, no? :-)

Besides, not sure. I still look fwd, perso, to a full credit list movie style with gaming titles, even if this can be done just as well in fora. These are no worse actors, for all I know, and pretty damned great often enough!
    Just thx Andrew! I do appreciate.

And very appreciating smiley to Meer and McGrath for my first SoD pla though, and appreciating fwd looking one to Maddaford and Burgess.

I was not able to bring all new NPCs along for the first journey because I was biased to old friends. Come my "commanding male" by David Warner, it should be fine. :-D

But Belt and Elhan etc. If there is a comprehensive list of whom voiced who, just please sticky post it, if possible.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Does anyone else think Safana's new voice actor sounds a lot like Katey Sagal's (Peggy from Married with Children and Leela from Futurama)? I checked the credits and she's not listed, nor is Safana's original voice actor, Diane Pershing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Brian Blessed as a dwarf.

James Purefoy (doing his Solomon Kane voice) for a paladin character.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Safana was performed by Stephanie Wolfe, Neera by Nicola Elbro.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I thought Imoen sounded a lot like Neera in this recasting. Who did her lines here?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Gideon Emery as a necromancer
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

I thought Imoen sounded a lot like Neera in this recasting. Who did her lines here?

Imoen wasn't recast, her original performer Melissa Disney returned for the expansion.
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2016
    TStael said:

I was not able to bring all new NPCs along for the first journey because I was biased to old friends. Come my "commanding male" by David Warner, it should be fine. :-D

I was wondering why the new "commanding" voice sounded like Irenicus. Thanks for the info! :)