Skip to content

Charmed Dynaheir

JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I had no idea this feature made its way into Tutu, I've posted it here in case anyone is interested / hasn't experienced it before

Photobucket

So, at a push, I guess it does make sense that Dynaheir and Minsc are canonical party members.

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah I heard about that, thanks for the screenshot, awesome.

-1 rep for using TuTu ;D
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Just curious: Does anyone know what happens if you kill her *before* talking to Minsc or Edwin?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    This part is brought up and elaborated on if you use the BG1 NPC project mod as well.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    @Quartz

I tried to play vanilla BG the other day and the resolution (with the widescreen mod) was just awful, besides a 1 hit to reputation if fine with me :)

@Shin

Yeah I played a game ages ago with Dynaheir in my party and vaguely remember her blabbing about such nonsense. This, however, was the first time I've ever charmed her, I'd always assumed it was a vanilla BG exclusive, nice to know it works in Tutu. I felt all excited like a child playing BG for the first time again, discovering new things and what not. I rested shortly after and couldn't talk to her though, so it may be a bit bugged.

Does anyone know if any other NPCs have extra dialogue when charmed before you've spoken to them?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

@Quartz

I tried to play vanilla BG the other day and the resolution (with the widescreen mod) was just awful, besides a 1 hit to reputation if fine with me :)

I play vanilla BG on my 1920x1200 ... yeah the resolution is just awful. It makes me look forward to BG:EE more, haha!

Idk, I'm just not a fan of TuTu so I like to make half-joking, accusing remarks; I feel like it breaks some important things, and ruins half of the art style of BG1 in favor of BG2 which, while it's good art, it doesn't fit the game.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    HUGE SPOILER.

Cloutier said:

HUGE SPOILER.

If you don't want to know what happens when you charm Dyanheir don't read a thread titled 'Charmed Dyanheir'.

I actually wanted to know, I meant to say "wow" rather than complain. But he could have put a spoiler tag, just my two cents.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185

Does anyone know if any other NPCs have extra dialogue when charmed before you've spoken to them?

Charm centeol in the spider nest. She says interesting things about irenicus.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Actually, she says interesting things about Icarus. ;)
    Well it is reasonable to believe they are the same man
    Yus I knew about Centeol, I think Unfinished Business expands on it (without you having to charm her which kinda takes the fun and 'discovery moment' out of it)
    But does anyone know if any other joinable NPCs have dialogue options?
    I'm thinking perhaps Edwin may? Perhaps he gives his real reason away as to why he's hunting Dynaheir
    I just tried Edwin, and charming him doesn't change his dialogue.
    Xzar works. He says he investigates why is someone blaming zhentarim.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    Some of them do, some of them don't - it is worth having the fun trying it! (Only works on Tutu/BGT if @Ascension64's Charm Fix or ToBEX).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2012
    Now I'm going to have to make a mage and try them all :)
    elminster said:

Note that I didn't have a Mage in my party at that point, was just using Algernon's cloak and the ring of human influence.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

elminster said:

Elminster is going to play a mage? ...Nah that's just silly!
    Not only am I playing a mage. It is a chaotic evil mage...named Elminster.