Skip to content

Weird and fairly amusing bug (NOT a bug report)

wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
edited March 2016 in Off-Topic
I've messed up my bg files somehow and have been getting Invalid:(string of numbers). this doesn't bother me too much as I'm just going to reinstall SCS as I think that's the one I've damaged.

But the one part that I found really bizarre was going into nashkell store and talking to the shopkeeper only to have him quote the description of a flail at me, my conversation options were quoting the description of a mace back at him (which opened the store) or saying never mind.

imageimage

It's not something I need looked into as I know how I messed up the files but I thought people might be interested. Anyone had this bug before or anything like it?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    my definite assumption is that the mods you installed has affected the dialogue.tlk file of your game, I started modding my IWD EE game a few weaks ago ( and playing around with the dialogue.tlk file) and when I fought the orc shamans in the first cave there, everytime they took damage I believe it was reading my biography every time they took damage ( instead of saying: orc damage took xx amount of damage, thankfully it only took up one line)

and in BG2EE this actually comes up in my game and I don't even have any mods, one of the sahuagin in the sahuagin city name is "whatever the default biography is" which is quite humorous because that is quite the name,

and the drow in the tavern in the drow city that lets you fight all the mages, his name is also " the default biography"

and sometimes some romance options are that as well

so you can definitely see that beamdog has done some messing around with the .tlk file when adding in their extra content because some of my bg2 strings are off place because of it, lol
    JuliusBorisov
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Well, at least it's an interesting discussion between Charname (is his name 1?) and the Shopkeep about the technicalities of what's for sale in the store. He surely knows what he's talking about!
    sarevok57
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I fixed it by uninstalling SCS and BG tweaks and validating my install through steam, then I reinstalled the mods and everything seems to work fine now.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Well, at least it's an interesting discussion between Charname (is his name 1?) and the Shopkeep about the technicalities of what's for sale in the store. He surely knows what he's talking about!

No my Charname isn't 1, that's the first dialogue option. His name is Tamlen. However I too was impressed with the shopkeepers detailed knowledge of his stock.
    Son_of_Imoensarevok57