Skip to content

Anyone else worry for Nov. 30th?

DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
So he pushed the release date back 2 and half months, 4 days before it was going to be initially released... am I the only one that doesn't trust the Nov. 30 date? Smells like an early '13 release is more plausible to me now. I'm being very serious.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Not that worried. What would worry me would be if it felt like the BG2:EE release was pushed back in turn because of it. As it is now, I wouldn't really mind if they held back until the summer of 2013 and then released BG:EE and BG2:EE simultaneously.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Still better late than never.

Playing BF3 and Max Payne 3 meanwhile
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    edited September 2012
    /rambling_thoughts

Seeing the state of the world map in the other thread it looks like they decided to "enhance" more content. I hope they have given the creative staff enough time. In any case I pre-ordered and am a little disappointed; it's good to know the extra time is for continued enhancements at least. I'll spend a little time exploring classes I've not really put much time into with my bgt install in the meanwhile ...

*thrilled about new voice sets
    *thrilled about the new npc's and their background mini-adventures
    *thrilled about the new source code
    *thrilled about the "filtered" art touch ups
    *thrilled about mod friendliness
    *sorta thrilled I may buy a galaxy tab or something hehe, not kidding here I need a new toy :D
    *actually relieved the release is delayed cause borderlands 2 would have distracted me alot lol

**bg3** sorta like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ...

good luck, get 'er done! buy this game folks

good lord i used a semi-colon
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    No, because until then I have the GOG versions of BG 1 and 2. Or longer, if neccesarry. It'll get here when it gets here.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    -
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    Giving the team at least two and a half months to iron out the problems sounds to be an attempt to ensure that the new release date is a realistic one. Bizarrely I probably would have been more concerned if it had been pushed back for 28 days. I would then have the suspicion that we might have been due another announcement in three and a half weeks time. I sincerely hope however that we receive clear and regular progress updates before November 30th.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Considering they waited til this close to launch to announce pushing it back, they damn well better make that date.

As excited as I am for the remake, I'm not very happy when I feel mislead and tricked after I've already surrendered money. It's one reason I will never pledge money to kickstarter, even if I really want the project to see the light of day.

I was super pumped and behind Beamdog and Overhaul Games 100% til this delay. If it happens again, faith in the company will be shattered.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @sandmanCCL
    The way that Kickstarter works is that your money is returned to you if the fundraiser fails to reach its goal. So if you pledge a hundred dollars to a campaign, and the goal is 1,000, and they only raise 900, then your money is safe.
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 38
    I just hope they will not learn from Blizzard about delay their game, if yes we will see it about march/april 2013
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    erathiel said:

I just hope they will not learn from Blizzard about delay their game, if yes we will see it about march/april 2013

Still better than Valve Time (tm).
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Haha Valve Time (tm). Nice
  • SolobearSolobear Member Posts: 55
    Seldar said:

better late than never.

But never late is better.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    Well, I am not angry about the release having been pushed back, just disappointed. But getting people giddy for it and then announcing the delay 4 days before release is just rude. They must have known for weeks at least. Also, I think it would do a great deal to restore the faith of all who have been and keeo waiting for the game, if they gave us clear information about why the game was pushed back and exactly how far they have gotten with the overhaul till now.

That being said, if they pull that again and the game gets pushed back even further, I will cancel my pre-order.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Well considering the original was released 30nov88 which means that would be the 14 year anniversary of the greatest game ever and the same day of its rebirth. I was pissed about all this but now that I know that I don't really mind at all plus they have extra time to finish up loose ends
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    If they do have to push it back yet again--and were they to say they do, I don't doubt that the need for it would be legitimate--I would hope they have the sense to tell us at least... what?... 2 weeks in advance? let's say.

Communication is key. And with keeping the consumer informed it's all about the presentation. That's what I've been on about with marketing being lacking. They seem to be regarding their role as coders and software engineers, and that's it. That's how it comes across, anyway.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    Of course delays can happen. Since we are all not children anymore here I bet it has happened to all of us that we needed more time to finish a project than planned. It indeed is the lack of information that was/is the problem.
    Many people are awaiting this release feverishly and letting hopes get that high by waiting till a few days before release to announce the delay is kind of mean.
    I for example only got to know about BG:EE by googling BG a few months ago because I felt lke playing it again. Naturally, I decided to wait for the enhanced edition instead of going through all the modding. Now, had I known that the release would not be kept, I would have started playing BG again maybe a month ago.
    Also, many people had already planned their next few weeks around playing BG:EE, naturally.
    I think these are the things people are upset about and they would have been completely avoidable. Also, going even as far as to applaud de developers for the delay, as some people have done, does nothing but make the ones who are seriously disappointed more angry. It is like spitting into their faces. At uni or in professional life people might understand when you ask for a later deadline or if you need some more time to finish a project, but certainly noone will applauf you for needing an extension.
  • zdsdeadzdsdead Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2012
    What really pissed me off apart from the appallingly short notice, is the total lack of someone saying "SORRY". The announcement is worded in such a way as making it seem they are doing us a massive favour..........

You dont have to be an expert in PR to say sorry......
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    erathiel said:

lol, if they learned from blizzard, we'll see this game early 2018. :P
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Guys, it was delayed because it wasn't finished. I advise you all to check the forums to see how the beta team and the translators are going, you can tell how the release will be based off their immediate progress.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746

No.
    But 21 days after Nov 30th could be a day to worry about.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Balquo said:

No.
    Is that when the world's gunna end again?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Balquo said:

No.
    Is that when the world's gunna end again?
    Ya, just like January 1, 2000 and June 6, 2006.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's a good thing the world is a timelord. We've still got nine regenerations left!
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Aosaw said:

It's a good thing the world is a timelord. We've still got nine regenerations left!

The internet. You won it.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I wouldn't worry about it myself, as it is they were confident that they would be able to release September 18th, but decided there were still too many bugs, and wanted to deliver a more perfect bgee, and besides that, November 30th, 1998 was when Baldur's Gate originally released 14 years ago, I doubt they would want to miss a date like that.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up shipping before November 30th.