Skip to content

Collector's Edition including a Steam key?

enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
Word up,

When browsing the SOD Collector's Edition pre-order site it says "Steam key included" at the bottom. Does this mean a Steam key for both BG1EE and SOD, or just SOD?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The Collector's Edition includes both BGEE and SoD. So it must be Steam key for both.
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    It is. I ordered mine and got a Steam key for BGEE. Beamdog will hand out Steam keys for SoD after its release.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    If Beamdog's streams are of any indication, you don't necessary need to purchase the collector edition to get Steam key. You can buy a standard one from Beamdog, then request the key for Steam.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @O_Bruce is correct. But requesting a key through our support site isn't guaranteed to be quick. We get a lot of requests, and our support staff is also helping users with technical and account issues that must take priority. If you do request a key from our support staff, be patient and polite to them. :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Dee said:

be patient and polite to them. :)

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    @Sir_Garrick, did you need to ask support for a steam key for BGEE or did you get it through the system? I'm looking at the menus on the site but can't see an option to get a steam key.
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    @cdx I contacted Beamdog support at support@beamdog.com and requested one. It took a few days but they emailed me back the Steam key. Like Dee says, they're pretty busy but they get back to you as soon as possible.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    Thanks, I'll do the same then
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I bought bg1ee and bg2ee on release, but hearing about the achievements on steam, I finally caved and requested steam keys last sunday... I was fully expecting a no, because it had been so long in between purchase and request, but apparently beamdog is an awesome company that goes above and beyond for their customers, and 3 hours after I sent the request I got the steam keys... I am still in shock and awe over that.
    You should of course still listen to @Dee and make sure that you are patient with them, especially if you are requesting steam keys for SoD, because a lot of people are going to be doing that on release.
  • ElDiabloElDiablo Member Posts: 36

It is. I ordered mine and got a Steam key for BGEE. Beamdog will hand out Steam keys for SoD after its release.

odd where would i find this bgee steam key? got the collector's edition and i wouldn't know where to find this steam key.
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    So if I receive Steam Keys from Beamdog and activate them on Steam would I still be able to download the games off of the Beamdog Client?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I requested Steam keys, and I can install using either the Steam or the Beamdog clients. Accepting the Steam clients doesn't disable your games in the Beamdog client.
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Thels said:

I requested Steam keys, and I can install using either the Steam or the Beamdog clients. Accepting the Steam clients doesn't disable your games in the Beamdog client.

Thank you for the reply Thels.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    ElDiablo said:

odd where would i find this bgee steam key? got the collector's edition and i wouldn't know where to find this steam key.
    You need to request it through support@beamdog.com
  • hwatteverhwattever Member Posts: 8
    With the collectors edition, can I request for both the BGEE and BGSOD to be keys for ios instead of steam? If yes, i will likely get the collectors edition.
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    I think that Beamdog could have done this better. Why is there no preload option on Steam for one? Secondly asking the customer to rely on a launch day email to support seems outlandish and so fraught with delay that many customers this one included are leery of putting money down through Beamdog site.