Skip to content

Legacy of Bhaal, Solo, Insane - 30000+ XP in 30min?

SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
edited September 2016 in Challenges and Playthroughs
First of all, this is my 3rd (4th?) video on BG challenges... and YET my editing skills SUCK.

It is 50 minutes long (even if I cut the annoying rest-set trap-rest, used ctrl+j to make it faster and so on) and I don't intend to make a full "Let's play X" on Youtube, would be way too boring and I don't have so much time to invest on it.

So...

this mode is not doable with your run of the mill LVL1 CHARNAME and the BG NPCS ..i know this now and will treat it like that.

if you make a youtube lets play showing me how you solo LoB mode with a Single lvl1 Character freshly created from start to finish unmodded and every bloody fight there is, then i will climb the heavens and Kick "Ao" out myself and to make room for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of things first:

- As I wrote in the video, I died once at the very beginning. That's the least you can expect if you make a mistake with these settings.

- I also had to do some other/different stuff before what you'll see in the video, but it wasn't meant to be a perfect run and it would require a bunch of explanations.

- The stats I got were pretty high (even if 82 in total) but not necessary.

- I skipped some 50xp-worth quest, why? NEVER take unnecessary risks (unless you don't mind to reload or spent a lot of time), it's not worth it and most of the times you'll be able to come back later to complete them.

- After I reached 30k+ exp in 50min (could have take a lot less), the game was just gonna get really easier.
This a smooth way to go through LoB - Insane at lvl1 without a party, but it's perfectly doable with at least other 5 classes and in different ways. Which leads to the next point...

- Elminster's script is not broken, check the bonus video I made at the end.

- This game allows many possible exploits, if you know how. The more you know the game, the more of them you'll find.
But then, this masterpiece called Baldur's Gate lets you enjoy the game in infinite ways, find the one that fits you the most.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdAcDsRKFU

@Metalloman a @Pibaro piacerebbe :(

I reloaded an Auto-save to show you what happens when you don't keep the distance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJrlDeJcXj8
Post edited by SpaceInvader on

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited September 2016
    Now that I rewatched it, I have to say I could have avoid sooooo many futile things haha
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    For the gold from Firebead, wasn't it so that you needed to talk exactly 30 times to him, and then wait a couple of seconds? If you talked to him for the 31st time before you gained the gold, it was gone.

Not sure about 2.0, but it still worked in 1.3.
    Can be... Too lazy to open the guy's script >_>
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    How do you make Legacy of Bhaal difficulty stick? Every run I start with LoB changes to Insane when I look at the gameplay options screen. This might be why I can't get the achievement :-(

Is there some way to turn LoB back on after a run has started?
    @bleusteel I just found one way to temporary fix this: which is starting a new LoB game and then re-load my previous LoB game that didn't work anymore.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @SpaceInvader you're right, I would like to have @Pibaro back one day... :smile:
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    what is this thing about firebead giving gold?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Arthas Speak to Firebead exactly 30 times, and he'll give you 300 gp. Works both in Candlekeep and in Beregost (so you can get free 600 gp).
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @Metalloman @SpaceInvader
    Non ho ancora visto il video, ma se riesco stasera lo guardo.

P.s. Non ho mai dubitato nel potere del lato oscuro di Spaceinvader!!!
    @Pibaro Heeey!!
    Talking about Dark Side, atm I almost only play Star Wars: The Old Republic