Skip to content

Favorite Pet/animal companion

nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
What pet/animal companion would you have if you could? For this I am thinking it doesn't automatically have to follow within the exact rules but I am thinking the choices should be limited to a D&D creature.

For me personally, in my PnP game my fighter had a hell hound which I always thought was awesome and I would love to recreate that in a computer game.

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    A monkey, who wears a fez and a waistcoat and can pick-pockets.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I wouldn't mind some sort of Phoenix, even if it was just a baby.

As for ones in the game already, I like the dragon familiar. "Or Pie! I like pie!"
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Oho, a topic to my liking!

Personally, I was always fond of aesthetically pleasant critters in D&D. I'm sure everyone wants to pick up one of those playful ankhegs out there and take it home for the kids to play. And the warm fluffyness of oozes, puddings and jellies is so heavenly good as it wraps around every part of your body. But still, I simple *cannot* resist those puppy-eyed basilisks!
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    edited September 2012
    Personally i'd take that Remorhaz
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    What better pet than a dog-sized dragon? He will get my shoes and make fire for barbecue. And get pie as a reward.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    My rat Marbles! I miss her dearly, I'm convinced she was human in rat form.
    Photobucket

Also thought I may as well throw this one up as well:
    Photobucket
    That's Lola my rat, died about a year ago and one of my two cats when she was a kitten called ... wait for it, Nalia!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I can't help but note that the rat appears to be emerging from your trousers. Are you sure that is entirely SFW?
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    ajwz said:

I can't help but note that the rat appears to be emerging from your trousers. Are you sure that is entirely SFW?

Hahaha that's my coat! Honest!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I cannot adequately convey into words the sheer scale of my relief right now :P
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    "Oh dear, you seem to have some sort of infestation in your trousers."

No, no, even better. lemme find it... "Boo is small and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search."
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'll take any awesome version of a cat. The NWN black panther is my favorite actually implemented animal companion/familiar. The Mabari "Dog" from Dragon Age:Origins is a close second.
  • TomokoTomoko Member Posts: 13
    A small, vicious daschund that strikes fear into the hearts of my enemies and pain into their ankles! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!