Skip to content

It can't have happened; but I would swear that it did.

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Years ago, during one of my first games of Baldur's Gate, my character wandered alone into Nashkel (I wasn't soloing I had just managed to get the rest of my party killed) only to find myself being attacked by Neira in the Nashkel Inn. I fled but my character was in need of rest so I went to the Nashkel Carnival map. I was wandering through the wooded part at the top of the screen when I walked straight into a Basilisk and got turned to stone.

I have played the game hundreds of times since and it has never happened again. I have also read every guide to Baldur's Gate I can find and all of them say this couldn't possibly have happened in the first place. And yet I am certain I hadn't wandered into Mutamin's Garden by mistake.

So has this happened to anyone else or was I just hallucinating?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Is it possible you went to a different map, not the carnival map?
  • giosantigiosanti Member Posts: 20
    It's possible to get waylaid by basilisks, but not from the Carnival map. Is it possible you're mixing up areas slightly?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Permidion were you in the mushrooms again?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Delvarian said:

Permidion were you in the mushrooms again?

That's the most likely reason because like I say I'm pretty sure I wasn't in Mutamin's Garden (and I'm damn certain I wasn't on the roof of Durlag's Tower). Maybe it was all a dream ...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Lolz I know what you mean, I 'remember' encountering a Winter Wolf at the Nashkel Carnival but I'm pretty positive I'm remembering incorrectly. Especially since I was six years old.