Skip to content

Hi, I'm Maarud. Nice place, huh?

Ever been to Baldur's Gate? I've been to Baldur's Gate.
In fact, I've been there many, many times and I just adore the whole franchise, so I'm more than happy to join the forums hosted by the company that apparently share my enthusiasm.

Anyway, I finally registered after hours of lurking. Mainly to post in the "Unpopular opinions" thread, but I figured I should try this boards first ;) I am no native English user, so bear with me and please refrain from throwing stones (at least from time to time).
Gee, you sure are patient. I've run out of things to say.
:)

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited March 2016
    Welcome Maarud! We don't use to throw stones. However, beware of the :cookie: s.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Welcome to our awesome community, we don't throw stones at anyone! :smile:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    lolien said:

Welcome Maarud! We don't use to throw stones. However, beware of the :cookie: s.

*throws a :cookie: at @Maarud*

Welcome!
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Hail and well met, brave warrior @Maarud!

May you find adventure, fortune and fame during your travels, but do be weary, for there are four Animancers abound! They. Are. Evil.
  • MaarudMaarud Member Posts: 13
    Thank you for all the s(c/t)ones, I'll put them into good use!
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2016
    Welcome to the forums @Maarud!

It is a really nice community, you won't find flaming posts or trolls here...I know it is hard to believe but it's true!
    Don't worry about your English skills, just feel free to ask ANY kind of question even if it seems silly. There are plenty of veterans here who love to help people enjoy this wonderful game.

Just keep in mind that Baldur's Gate will feel empty soon, everybody here packs up. It is a calling from the north...from Dragonspear!

ps. almost forgot, I love your profile picture! When I see it I want to play Ghost n' Goblins!
    Thanks a lot for the feeling!
  • MaarudMaarud Member Posts: 13
    @Mirage Thank you for the kind words! It's always nice to inspire someone to (re)play one of those evergreen classics. As you can probably see from my avatar, I've also been to Waterdeep (which is not so far away from Baldur's Gate, if I reckon correctly).

On a side note, I cannot wait to play SoD - I've already planned like 4-5 playthroughts with different goals and party setups, which considering my severe lack of free time is just plain crazy ;)