Skip to content

Create a Party in Siege of Dragonspear Single Player

VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
The wait is killing me... is there no way someone can make a video of this feature?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited March 2016
    Maybe @Amber_Scott can show off this feature in the upcoming twitch stream.
    But I think that SoD betatesters are under some form of NDA so I guess we won't see anything from them.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Hopefully @Amber_Scott can see this and work it into one of the streams very very very soon.
    According to this post on the Beamblog, the next stream is March 26.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    What do you want to see about it? I could try making a quick video.
    What do you want to see about it? I could try making a quick video.

The whole setup from the beginning to end of the character/custom party creation.
    Is this good enough ? http://plays.tv/video/56f3cada1a16efc75f I tried to show multiple things but I didn't do the whole 6 characters.
    It's basically the same as IWD:EE isn't it? But this video is from BG:EE and I thought that @Vasculio was specifically looking forward to seeing how it looks like in SoD.
    Damn I didn't see the nuance, I guess it should be the same though isn't it? The engine is going to be the same if I understand correctly.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I'm pretty sure that the features that @GrimLefourbe displayed is available in SoD as well. Why wouldn't it be.

However, SoD seems to also have a features where if you start a new game in SoD (rather than continuing from the base game), you get NPCs added to your party (actual NPCs from the base game, not something you create yourself). I'm guessing that is what @Vasculio was referring to.

How this works is not entirely 100% clear yet, but it seems you get 5 NPCs added to your party, based on CHARNAME's alignment. How this works in multiplayer or if you use the Custom Party option is unknown at this point, to my knowledge.
    Actually... this is new setup entirely. In Icewindale the wasn't a single pc creator, only pc party. You can choose to make a single pc or make a party of pc's which i wanted to see thanks to @GrimLefourbe However there is that one buttom on the right side of the screen i was curious about...

r3sqydnj15gk.png
    I haven't found out what it does either to be honest and it's one of the few buttons that doesn't have a tooltip, it's toggleable but I haven't noticed any change when I clicked it.
    Thels wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the features that @GrimLefourbe displayed is available in SoD as well. Why wouldn't it be.

However, SoD seems to also have a features where if you start a new game in SoD (rather than continuing from the base game), you get NPCs added to your party (actual NPCs from the base game, not something you create yourself). I'm guessing that is what @Vasculio was referring to.

How this works is not entirely 100% clear yet, but it seems you get 5 NPCs added to your party, based on CHARNAME's alignment. How this works in multiplayer or if you use the Custom Party option is unknown at this point, to my knowledge.

I'm talking about actual PC Created Party going through BGEE to SoD to BGEE2 to ToB.
    I haven't found out what it does either to be honest and it's one of the few buttons that doesn't have a tooltip, it's toggleable but I haven't noticed any change when I clicked it.

So if i want to go back into create a character for the party is that optional? or are we stuck with the ones that were made from the start?
    I think you're stuck with the ones made from the start. I hadn't thought about what's that button supposed to do to be honest.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Vasculio wrote: »
    However there is that one buttom on the right side of the screen i was curious about...

r3sqydnj15gk.png

This button is only useful for touchscreens. When toggled, touching and dragging the screen will let you do a "selection box" for multiple characters, just like clicking and dragging using a mouse.
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2016
    Kilivitz wrote: »
    However there is that one buttom on the right side of the screen i was curious about...

r3sqydnj15gk.png

This button is only useful for touchscreens. When toggled, touching and dragging the screen will let you do a "selection box" for multiple characters, just like clicking and dragging using a mouse.

There should probably be an option to toggle this button on and off. I would have it default to display for the iOS/Android version and default to not display for desktop version. Otherwise, there are going to be a lot of confused people trying to click that button and not knowing what is going on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I noticed it didn't appear in my most recent version.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    This was added to the desktop version because there isn't an easy way for the game to determine whether it's running on a Windows desktop or a Windows tablet. There were requests to make the game more usable on Windows tablets in the older versions.
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    It's a very handy button in the Android release. Couldn't do anything without it.
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    typo_tilly wrote: »

r3sqydnj15gk.png
    Are you seeing this in 2.0.61.0? You're right: It shouldn't be present in desktop versions... *-)

You're right... just grabbed the latest beta and don't see it anymore.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Ithual wrote: »
    It's a very handy button in the Android release. Couldn't do anything without it.

Yeah you could. You could quit the game, manage the options and menus, toss your android device in a fit of rage etc.