Skip to content

I think I messed up when Jaheira leveled up

I'm a total newbie.

When Jaheira leveled up I went to her character sheet and clicked "Level Up" then poked around the left side of the screen looking for proficiencies to add. She didn't have any to add, so I just closed the window.

Then, when Imoen leveled up I noticed she had skills to distribute. I did that, then closed the window. Then my heart sank as I realized I probably missed distributing some skills for Jaheira.

Did I? I have EEKeeper loaded up to change anything if I did miss it, but I don't know what her skills are that I missed!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Imoen is a thief, so she gains thieving skill points to allocate in the classic thieving abilities - pick locks, move silently, etc., whereas Jaheira is a fighter/druid, and therefore does not gain thieving skill points.
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    edited March 2016
    Imoen is a thief, so she gains thieving skill points to allocate in the classic thieving abilities - pick locks, move silently, etc., whereas Jaheira is a fighter/druid, and therefore does not gain thieving skill points.

I guess what I'm asking is whether there were any other skills or points that I missed assigning? Or do only thieves get points to assign to skills?

Or is it the case that I *didn't* miss anything, after all?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Jaheira only would gain any proficient point when her fighter levels hit 3 and 6. Most of the time when she is leveling up its just going to be her Thac0, health, and/or her number of castable spells improving.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The only people who assign skill points are thieves and monks. Jaheira is neither, so you're good.
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Thanks so much everyone!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    In the future, it is impossible to finishing leveling if you still have skills (weapons, thief skills) to distribute.
    And dont forget to check your spell book for new spell slots when leveling up as well.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @jtth Don't forget to update her spells. If she leveled up as a druid she'll be able to cast more spells.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    If you have proficiency pips to distribute, thieving skills, or (in BGIIEE) HLAs the done button from the level up screen won't become active until you've addressed all of them.
  • FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57
    CamDawg wrote: »
    If you have proficiency pips to distribute, thieving skills, or (in BGIIEE) HLAs the done button from the level up screen won't become active until you've addressed all of them.

That WILL be annoying if you have to check on other characters/spelbooks/inventory during leveling. Hope the cancel button is not grey :wink:
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    The real mistake was allowing Jaheira to remain with the party long enough to level up at all. ;)