Skip to content

Preloading?

I just pre-ordered with the intention of preloading, as I had heard here and there it was possible. I am unable to preload off the site (I'm only given the purchase option) and all the client says is "getting download info". Am I doing something wrong or was I mistaken about preloading?

Comments

• jemall88jemall88 Member Posts: 11
    I had the same!
    Just wait and reopen the launcher
  • TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
    Well I did two things, one of which worked:

1. Deleted 766.beam and 766.status to make the BGEE launcher recheck downloads

2. Shut down the beamdog client and rebooted it, which eventually caused it to give a "ready to download" option.

So I guess if anyone else has the same issue try one of those. I'm assuming it was the second one.
    I will add that the download is still moving at a snails pace, now stuck on "connecting..." with the details feed showing failed attempts at reaching a client.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're doing testing on the installation launchers, so you may see the Beamdog client telling you that there's about 15 bytes of data to download.
    YEah that's what it says. So should I just let it sit for now?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I would let it sit, yeah. There won't be a preload for Siege of Dragonspear like there has been in the past; just hang tight until the official release tomorrow, and then you can download the full expansion.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    That's a shame :( I have to work tomorrow, was hoping I would be able to jump on and play as soon as I got home. If I leave my computer on and the beamdog client open will it automatically download SoD when it becomes available by any chance?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    No Preloading is happening because they don't want any information getting slip. If you use programs like DLTC, you can very much read in the game files. This is why there will be no preloading.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    bengoshi wrote: »
    No Preloading is happening because they don't want any information getting slip. If you use programs like DLTC, you can very much read in the game files. This is why there will be no preloading.
    @bengoshi I don't remember it was possible to read data though. They would hold some key (indeed like chitin.key) files.