Skip to content

Prepping For the Launch of BG:SoD

YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
From what I heard, SoD will have to be run from the Beamdog Client upon launch today. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I currently run BG:EE from the stand-alone launcher. If I want to play SoD from the Beamdog Client due to SOD not coming to the Stand-alone launcher yet, what steps will I need to take to make sure I can begin SOD from a stand-alone BG:EE save?

I currently run BGTweeks on my stand-alone BG:EE game. Would this affect the save if I attempted to run it on the Beamdog Client SoD?

Thank you!

EDIT:

There will be a stand-alone launcher at release! Thank you, @Cerevant!
Post edited by YupImMadBro on

Comments

• xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2016

From what I heard, SoD will have to be run from the Beamdog Client upon launch today. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) I currently run BG:EE from the stand-alone launcher. If I want to play SoD from the Beamdog Client due to SOD not coming to the Stand-alone launcher yet, what steps will I need to take to make sure I can begin SOD from a stand-alone BG:EE save?

I currently run BGTweeks on my stand-alone BG:EE game. Would this affect the save if I attempted to run it on the Beamdog Client SoD?

Thank you!

Yea I am curious as well, I have been out of the game for too long.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited March 2016
    I'm pretty sure, by logging into the Beamdog website, and going to the game - Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - via My Account - My Games, there is a download button.

Click the button for your platform - PC or MAC.

Save the file to your drive.

Run the file. *please note, at the time of this posting, SoD is not available*

Recommend removing any mods before installation.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280

I'm pretty sure, by logging into the Beamdog website, and going to the game - Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear - via My Account - My Games, there is a download button.

Click the button for your platform - PC or MAC.

Save the file to your drive.

Run the file. *please note, at the time of this posting, SoD is not available*

Recommend removing any mods before installation.

So the same for the other games, so I wont need the client to run SOD. Thank you for the assist.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    If this is true, it will save a lot of hassle. Thank you very much @Sylvus_Moonbow!
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited March 2016
    @YupImMadBro If @Sylvus_Moonbow doesnt speak truly, no one does !!!!!
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49657/beamdog-installer-vs-free-installation#latest

@xxxsmb1987xxx, please see the posts by @subtledoctor and @Cerevant and it appears that we are in the clear.

@lordkim, agreed.

Thanks to all!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

From what I heard, SoD will have to be run from the Beamdog Client upon launch today. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

You weren't wrong, I was. We'll have stand-alone launchers today.
    Cerevant said:

From what I heard, SoD will have to be run from the Beamdog Client upon launch today. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

You weren't wrong, I was. We'll have stand-alone launchers today.
    But now we know. Thank you!