Skip to content

More Mage specialty possibilities?

MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
With the addition of a scroll bar to the Kit selection screen, does that mean modders will be able to create more varied Mage kits/specialties now?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    This is very interesting to me, because there are so many more things that could be done with Mages and the Complete book of Necromancers is just there waiting to be brought into BGEE ;)
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    IchigoRXC said:

This is very interesting to me, because there are so many more things that could be done with Mages and the Complete book of Necromancers is just there waiting to be brought into BGEE ;)

Indeed good sir, indeed.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    K_M_X.2da's have been externalized and work.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    edited March 2016
    kjeron said:

@kjeron I'm a noob to modding, so that means I could add new mage kits full of spell restrictions, maybe some at will spells, and different HLAs at high levels?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited April 2016
    kjeron said:

!!!!!!
    @Aquadrizzt

Edit

@Mythrialus

We could already do that. This means that these kits can be selected at character creation!

Edit 2: @kjeron
    Does K_M_G work?
    edited April 2016

@Grammarsalad here is the contents of K_M_G.2da:

2DA  V1.0
    KIT
    1 26
    All the other ones have all 9 kits. So... maybe?
    Even dwarves?.
    I'm going to have to test this once I get out of statistics hell
    edited April 2016

...But still no CLAB files for mages unless you make them yourself (leading to unnecessarily complicated FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME checks in Weidu). And no CLAB for the wild mage, and CLABSO01 is still for the Dragon Disciple. So the trueclass Mage, the Wild Mage, and the trueclass Sorcerer still share the same CLAB file. :(

...Well, this is already more than I expected! Seriously, I can't wait until @CamDawg does another update on the gibberlings IESDP forum! :smile:
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! They actually soft-coded gnomes too. I was able to make a gnome mage with no difficulty. It's the little things sometimes.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Mythrialus , we were always able to make more mage kits (earlier versions of Tome and Blood added up to 40 something), you just couldn't show them during character creation. It looks like they've opened up a lot of the stuff that made it difficult, including the issue with gnomes and the lack of existence of K_M_X tables. I have plenty of things I'd love to reincorporate into future builds of Tome and Blood.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! They actually soft-coded gnomes too. I was able to make a gnome mage with no difficulty. It's the little things sometimes.

...awesome!