Skip to content

Hell trials - no alignment change mod (Paladin)

naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
So my paladin and his team went to hell... Took some sweet choices like +2 str in the wrath trial.

Only to spawn in TOB and realize I couldn't use Carsomyr... Or lay on hands... And I was fallen...
Ehm.. Instead of exporting my character, doing hell, reimporting to multiplayer, converting to singleplayer and manually adding the stat changes - is there mod to freeze or stop the alignement change?

Maybe some other way around it?

I mainly play a custom party and I have considdered simply changing the main character to another toon. But last time that messed up all my bags (gem bags, bag of holding etc)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Alignement change in Hell is bad joke. :/

If you are good, just ONE bad choice and you become evil.
    But if you are evil, even if you make ALL good decisions, you will still evil.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    If you've got the console enabled, I believe you should just be able to put the cursor on your character and use

C:Eval('RegainPaladinHood()')
  • naggertnaggert Member Posts: 65
    @Edvin Yeah I agree. I dont mind my fighter becomming neutral evil. It's an easy change to revert with EE keeper. However I think it's really odd how you can suddenly become the incarnation of evil, for killing a genie, but killing 1.000 NPC's doesnt count at all.
    I'm running around with 20 rep and have done it for a long time.

@CamDawg doesn't that only work if you reputation dropped below 6?

Alas, I can't get the console working. I had on my previous games, but I can't make it work with BG2EE on Steam. I think it might be hidden in the new UI.

If anyone have a working baldur.ini they'd like to share, I'm really eager to try and see if I can enable the console. I work in IT and would think I could manage to edit a stupid text file to include another line.... Apparently not...
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Edvin said:

Which is absolutely correct. If you rob and kill old ladies for fun, loving children, animals and donating to charity do not make you a good person.
    Hm, maybe it would work if I changed the class to eg fighter....
    I wonder if I would keep the paladin abilities if changing class with ee keeper.
    edited April 2016
    Maybe a cursed item that forces alignment to be lawful good? :hushed:
  • lololo555lololo555 Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2016
    You are a Paladin and you want to be greedy and dont wanna pay a price for that? Shame! :D
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    naggert said:

@CamDawg doesn't that only work if you reputation dropped below 6?

I think that works for any circumstance. Though if your rep is low, you'll probably just fall again, so get your rep up first.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    Edvin said:

Welcome to 2nd edition. Frankly the game treats paladins pretty generously considering that as long as your reputation doesn't fall below 6 you can outrigh kill an innocent person and not fall.

I think the idea of "hell" though is that these are very personal, internal decisions that show what your character truly believes. This is after all just the initial version of your pocket plane. It's different than actions in the normal plane.
    True... Still. I (the paladin) chose to kill the genie but gave the sword to my swasbuckler NPC. It was almost an act of charity :)

Well I ended up copying my single player to MP, and replacing the fallen paladin with my paladin from before Irenicus' fight in the tree of life.
    Then used EE keeper to add strength, HP and the other values like immunity to weapons, and resistences. In the end I adjusted rep and XP to match the values the fallen Paladin had :)
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2016
    I think the reason for doing all "good" choices in hell and not becoming good compared to becoming evil by doing a single "evil" choice is pretty obvious in my opinion. You are sent to a hell plane were before each task you are stopped by a devil or in one of them Sarevok. However they are all the same in the way that they try to tempt you to take the evil choice and "embrace" Bhaal's way of thinking and acting. Thus by falling once to these dark whispers you are changed to the evil aligment.

Still playing as a paladin there are a TON of things in the game that should make you fallen but mostly only give you a rep loss instead. Remember paladins are the goody two shoes who dont accept rewards, while at the same time they give out all the gold they got to people in need (thus the gathering of gold for ch 2 should be pretty much impossible theoreticaly seeing as your giving it all away to beggars and random passerby's). You see them helping grannies across the street, crying when they cant find anyone evil to smite or convert and would rather sacrifice themselves then see an innocent hurt.
  • DrackolusDrackolus Member Posts: 10
    Yeah, I think it's completely fair. There's pretty much an almost no-tolerance policy when it comes to paladin morality, and as above said, it's not just a bad deed - it's embracing Bhaal. They don't do a great job of explaining that, but he's whispering to you and tempting you this whole time to accept that you're murder incarnate. If you give an inch, Bhaal will take a mile.
    So, personally, I think that taking the alignment shift out is cheating. And if you're gonna cheat anyway, just do the good thing and pump your str up 2 points anyway.
    I mean, it's your game, do what you want. But it seems easier to me to EEkeeper stats than to re-paladin someone. Of course, it's a bit late for either solution in this case.
  • AerevynAerevyn Member Posts: 14
    The game seemed quite happy with my Paladin gaining Hexxat as a companion immediately after watching her sink her fangs into some poor mind-controlled girl... standards are somewhat fluid it seems.

I RP'd it though & killed her on the spot! :)