Skip to content

Who here thinks Minsc should be a Ranger Dual Classed to Berserker due to his headwound?

2»

Comments

• KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Yea, his apperiance is really more like a fighter or barbarian, he doesnt even talk like a ranger:) Think it suits him better to be fighter. Always thought that ranger have to smart, and Minsc..... well lets face it, he is not the brightest star.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    @Khamill I like that he's a ranger, because he's kind of a woodsman of his people, but I wanted the dual class to essentially ranger level 1 / beserker level 1 to reflect that he got wounded (head wound) when traveling with Dyanair on his Dijemma. So like 3rd edition rules his first class would be his profession, his job. But due to the head wound he would dual class to Berserker with low Wisdom and Intelligence scores. He's actually far too polite and justice oriented to be a Barbarian to me. That's more of a ranger mentality to look out for others and help those in need.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    I think it's clearly stated in the "Things That Cannot Be Done" thread that we won't be seeing any changes like this to the original NPCs, due to contractual agreement with the partners.

It's a good idea for a mod, though!
    @Lemernis I would LOVE it if it were a mod. I have no idea how to go about making it a mod. But I would always use it.
    @Debaser

Learning to mod is an avocation that amounts to (at least) a part time job, I'm afraid. There are some good tutorials and editors out there, but it's not a casual thing that one can just bang out with no background in coding. (Cue the "One Does Not Simply" meme.) If you're really determined you can learn, though. And the modding communities are extremely helpful.
    I wonder how complex it s to just assign a different class in a in a mod...hrmn.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited September 2012
    @Lemernis @Debaser you guys probably missed my post (last one of the previous page): not even mods can implement a Ranger/Barbarian dual class, the engine simply doesn't allow it.

BGEE isn't going to change Minsc's class, but you can already do that, easily, with L1 NPCs mod (http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/).
    Yup, Level 1 NPCs would be the way to go. Kind of had a brain cramp there.