Skip to content

Windows Installer Keeps Freezing...?

So after receiving an email that SoD is officially available for download, I was overjoyed to see I had a windows installer option. Yay!

Buuuut... I've left my computer on well into the evening trying to finish the download, and twice now it's slowed to a stop at this:

It stays frozen on 82.59 Kb while seemingly making no progress. I can't close out the client by clicking the giant red X button in the corner; I have to go through Task Manager and hit End Processes. The minimize and maximize buttons in the corner don't respond either. It just seems completely frozen.

Is my internet just so atrociously slow that I'm unable to see any progress, or is there something else going on at Beamdog's end?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    You are not the only one downloading it is what is going on. The servers are a bit overloaded now. Frustrating, but not really anything that can be done at the moment.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    See, that's what I first thought. But I just left my computer on all night long downloading this thing and it's made zero progress.

Are the servers that overloaded or is my installer just literally frozen?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    My installer froze God knows how many times and I just had to keep on Task Managering it to death and then re-booting it until I eventually got the whole game downloaded (after 23 hours, minus sleep time).
    Welp. Looks like I'll just have to dedicate a whole day when I don't work to downloading then. :/

I was expecting slow-down, but not at this grand of scale...
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    It's been a pretty damn grand scale of a slowdown.

Still, I waited ~15 years. I suppose I can wait another EIGHT weeks for the download the finish. . .

*Drums fingers on sword.*
    UPDATE:

Looks like after I rebooted my computer and re-initiated the download a couple times, I got it moving again. I now have Dragonspear. WOOOOOOOOO!!! :D

(Had to eat my family's internet for a good 2-3 hours, but hey, I'm not complaining.)

There is hope at the end of this tunnel, folks! THERE IS HOPE.