Skip to content

Character import questions/problems

TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
Two questions/problems:
1. I exported my character from my Bg1EE run with max level and fully equipped. When I started a new game in SoD and imported it, he came with no equipment. OK, maybe export/import functions don't keep equipment, but how do you beamdog folks expect me to play the game? I got a party of 5 NPCs with me and they are all equipped while my character is completely naked and no equipment around to grab. Bug? Feature? Oversight?
My dual wielding ranger cannot fight with no weapons and no armor so I decided to try something else.

2. Then I Imported a whole save where I have this character and Baeloth in the party. I did get both just like they are in the save and all their equipment expect my character lots all his bags (gem, scroll and potions) with all their contents. Why? Is this bug? Feature? Oversight? So I am expected to unload my bags in Bg1EE before moving to SoD? Really?!

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Try loading the BGEE save instead of importing.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Point 2: Intended behaviour. Bags for scrolls, potions and items are always removed when you import a character/save.
    Point 1: I think it is a bug. If you try again, can you reproduce it?
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    decado said:

did you read #2 or did you quit reading after you read #1 ?
    Aedan said:

Point 2: Intended behaviour. Bags for scrolls, potions and items are always removed when you import a character/save.
    Point 1: I think it is a bug. If you try again, can you reproduce it?

2. Sad :(
    1. I could try it again when I get back home.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Torin said:

decado said:

did you read #2 or did you quit reading after you read #1 ?
    I read both, however the term 'importing a whole save' implies you tried some method of importing rather than simply loading - hence my suggestion.

Good luck in getting it running.

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Load your finished save file (Don't import it), beat the game and tada, you're in the expansion with all your stuff!
    Franpa said:

Load your finished save file (Don't import it), beat the game and tada, you're in the expansion with all your stuff!

I don't have it and don't plan to spend X hours more to do that. My character is already at max XP, has all tomes and best equipment for his class. This should work the same with any save.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    I played through the Sarevok fight and none of my bags were harmed in the process. :)
    OK I played around with this a bit more. So my ranger when imported into SoD always comes out with empty inventory. I tried to Export him from BG1EE and import when creating new character and I tried the other option (import character from save). Both cases he is naked.

Only way to get his equipment is to Start new game of SoD from Single player->Import Save but in this combination I lose all container bags while people doing last fight vs Sarevok and continuing into SoD seem to not lose container bags.