Skip to content

Find Familiar crashing co-op game, help!

johntheherojohnthehero Member Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
Cross-platform co-op game in the works with a buddy. He's on Mac and I'm on Windows. First problem occurs whenever I cast "Find Familiar," which crashes the game. That's it. When I cast it, the game crashes.

Also, whenever we travel to a new area, his computer hangs on a black screen or the game will say it's paused when it's not. Is that latency lag?

The only modifications to the game we are using are custom character portraits.

Here is my crash dump.

I can't find the file attachment button so I uploaded it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j181i9ldwoba2ip/dump.2.0.62.2.0000.dmp

Comments

• Susp8tSusp8t Member Posts: 6
    I'm having the exact same problem, both with the familiar summoning and black/grey screen coming on even though the game is not paused.
  • johntheherojohnthehero Member Posts: 3
    Can somebody please help me?
  • johntheherojohnthehero Member Posts: 3
    Reverting to patch 1.3 beta seems to fix the issue, but I shouldn't have to and don't want to do that. I want the new UI and features and content in patch 2.0. I am close to refunding my purchase on Steam if I don't get help soon. Sorry I am just frustrated.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Pausing after the main character is killed and the game is reloaded has been reported at http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49805/multiplayer-pause-lock-bug and once it happens it is best to close the game exe's down and restart.

I'll look at the familiar issue now.
    Thanks
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    Did anyone ever figure out the summon familiar issue? I've been having the same problem.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    The familiar issue was resolved in a patch. What game version are you using @mrjane and you are using multiplayer? Please provide platform (pc, mac, linux, android, iOS), game version (1.3, 2.3, etc.) for each player.

Thanks