Skip to content

new character takes damage on waking

rw1954rw1954 Member Posts: 24
I was playing BG2 and got to the port city just after Spellhold. At this point in the story, the curse of Irenicus was causing the main character to either take damage or hurt a member of the party upon waking after a rest. As it turns out, I had some problems with my character, so I decided to scrap that whole campaign and start over. I recreated my character and began again, but right from the first day my character started taking damage or hurting other party members upon waking, as if he was affected by Irenicus' curse. So I reinstalled the game and tried again, and the same thing keeps happening. Any character I create apparently starts the game affected by the curse of Irenicus. How do I fix this?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,268
    Curse of Irenicus? Unless you are talking about the slayer change I have no idea what you mean. It sounds like a mod issue...
  • rw1954rw1954 Member Posts: 24
    Yes, the slayer change, whatever it is that causes the main character to take or inflict damage on waking. No mods are being used.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rw1954rw1954 Member Posts: 24
    Sorry, but I have no idea what you're taking about. What is 22355? What .zip file are you referring to? My OS is Windows 2000, but I don't know what a "distribution service" is, and I don't know where to find the version number of the game. Pretty helpful, yes?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    He wants you to compress the save game file with the issue you're experiencing into a zip file and upload it. The distribution service, is your game from Beamdog, Steam, or GoG? To find the version of your game, start the program, and look for a version number at the top of the window. It should read something like 2.0.62.2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on