Skip to content

Where can you find M'Khiin?

Seems like I should have found her by now, as I have found multiple items with her name on them, but I haven't encountered her. Any help?

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    She is in the first area after you leave Baldur's Gate, in the north where Baeloth has his "Ultimate Black Pits".
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    Huh, I never found that. I missed the Ultimate Black Pits thing altogether, unless it was that little area with the roosters in a dug out pit. Nothing ever happened there for me. Sigh, time to start over, I guess, since you can't return to areas.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    It was in that pit with the roosters. Wasn't Baeloth there?
    Nope, never showed up. I had heard about the quest before, and assumed that was where it would be, but he didn't ever show up. I tried going at night, during the day, releasing the dog in the cage, everything, but nothing happened.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Nope, literally nothing there except animals. I didn't even figure out that I could let the dog out for at least an hour. I figured that was where Baeloth was supposed to show up, but I couldn't trigger him.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Did you kill Baeloth if you played through BG beforehand?

That's definitely a bug that should be reported, and if it happens again upload the save game to Redmine.
    Honestly, I'm not sure. That playthrough originally occurred a couple of years ago I think. Good point though.
  • DillicDillic Member Posts: 16
    There's a grammatical error in her axe's description, just FYI and all.

In case that bothers anyone.
  • TheDeceiverTheDeceiver Member Posts: 12
    Never found her, and never encountered the Black Pits (save for the flyer man). Probably having Baeloth in my imported party somehow screwed that over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well, I can tell you that I am on Mac OS X 10.5.5 and that I got the game through Beamdog, but I am unfortunately unversed in the ways of uploading zipped saves, so you'll have to help me through that.
    I also tried loading up that save, right when I entered the area. One of the immediate things that happens is that Baeloth casts Dimension Door upon the loading of the area. I then ran immediately to that area, and there was nothing there.
    edited April 2016
    Ok, well here's my chapter 8 start file and my last save from before chapter 8. Let me know if I can provide anything else!
  • TheDeceiverTheDeceiver Member Posts: 12

@TheDeceiver Could you upload 2 or 3 zipped saves here?
    1 - The final save file from BG1EE that you imported with Baeloth
    2 - The SoD Coast Way Crossing save file from SoD (preferably right after the area was first loaded)
    3 - The SoD save right before you entered Coast Way Crossing
    Could you also tell me your
    - Operating system
    - Distribution version (Beamdog, Steam, GOG)

Will try to find the files, not sure whether I have the SoD saves at the exact points. For the record, I'm playing on OSX, original BG:EE play through was on the iTunes version, SoD was downloaded direct from Beamdog.
    edited April 2016
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I see the issue. It appears Baeloth was killed during BGEE at some stage.

If you use: C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADBAELOTH","GLOBAL",0) this will fix the issue, but only before arriving in this area. If you have any saves just before arriving in chapter 8 then use those.
  • RattatioRattatio Member Posts: 2
    hi all...im a noob...can you tell me pls where i have to put that command...
    Thx a lot
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited May 2016
    Rattatio said:

hi all...im a noob...can you tell me pls where i have to put that command...
    Thx a lot

Add the following line to your Baldur.lua file:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Then, when in-game, press Ctrl+Space and use the command Balquo provided.
  • RattatioRattatio Member Posts: 2
    thx a lot for the answer...i have solved the problem editing a saved file before chapter 8 and setting to "0" the line in wich Baeloth was dead :)