Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Trilogy: Levelling Memory

UlysissUlysiss Member Posts: 18
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi all,

I'm going through the Bhaalspawn Saga using the BGT mod for the first time and was wondering. When I begin SoA will the game remember what level and classes my NPC's were? for instance if I was to dual Imoen to a mage at level 2 or 9 would this be ratified in the second game? or will it default to what she normally is in BG2 vanilla.

Thanks

-Ulysiss

Comments

• colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    No when starting BG2 in tutu/trilogy all of the NPCs are reset, as per BG2 vanilla.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'd say that there is pretty much no way round this. Expecially in Imoen's case where the plot of the entire first half of the game revolves around her being a mage
  • UlysissUlysiss Member Posts: 18
    No thats fine, I didnt have a preference either way, I just wanted to know when I should be dualing her out of thief. Did I need the thief skills for the first game, or did I need to give her enough points to last most of the trilogy. Now I know.

Thanks again
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Ulysiss Trilogy keeps all NPCs in your party in the moment of transition as they were in BG. So tome effects, levels and learned spells are kept as long as the NPC is in your party. Other NPCs revert to their defaults.
    Ah! well that changes things. You caught me just in time, I was going to dual Imoen at level 5 - thats never going to be enough for BG2 and TOB. Any suggesitons as to a more suitable level? She'll be with methe whole way through.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    9 would be good but she wouldn't regain her thief abilities before BG2. I usually do it at 7, high enough to get 100% in both find traps and pick locks.
    Thats great, thanks.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    mlnevese said:

@Ulysiss Trilogy keeps all NPCs in your party in the moment of transition as they were in BG. So tome effects, levels and learned spells are kept as long as the NPC is in your party. Other NPCs revert to their defaults.

This is correct. It is a great thing about BGT - there is perfect carryover from BG1 to BG2 as far as class, experience, tome effects, spells, etc.