Skip to content

Where is khalid?

He wanted that i talk with the magician and the smith after that, i should return. but is not in the fortress - where is he?

Comments

• AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    He should be standing above the drawbridge. Slightly to the left.
  • GarrtokGarrtok Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2016
    He dont :(
    there are only estebarre and mari
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    He might be dead then. It happened to me earlier today so I had to reload to an earlier save.
    really oO?! my last save is hours ago where i was not in the fortress
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Is there any way to respawn him? I wouldnt like to have to start the game again. Perhaps respawning him will do the trick
  • TharivolTharivol Member Posts: 5
    I have the same bug, please someone tell me which CluaConsole command would respawn him because otherwise I will need to get back to the save from 4 hours ago :(
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Check the "Khalid, design or bug" thread which is in this same section. There are instructions by Elminster on how to bring and use the console to respwan Khalid. It worked for me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Use

C:CreateCreature("Khalid7")

Just make sure to do it when you are in the outside area of the fort.
    EnialusMeliamne
    Great that i played it again to that point and dont was there the second time :D thanks!
  • RatcliffRatcliff Member Posts: 43
    It's a known bug. The energy drain rock kills him.
    how do i open the console? ctrl + space doesnt work
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited April 2016
    1) Go to My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder and locate Baldur.lua file in there.
    2) Open it with a text editor of your choice and add a SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') line. Save and close.

From now on, you can open console in game via ctrl+space.
    oh thanks, i edited the .ini file
  • ERH01ERH01 Member Posts: 20
    Okay, so after the big battle at the Bridge at the end of chapter 9, I found the body of Khalid sitting on the drawbridge to the fort where you fight Barghest. I know it was him because he had all the items he was equipped with back at the start of SoD when he was in my party in the opening dungeon. Not only is he not in the party camp in chapter 10, no one even seems to acknowledge that he's gone... Jaheira has nothing to say about it!

I'm not sure if this is a "bug" and he shouldn't be allowed to die, or whether it's just an oversight, but it seems weird that he could die in SoD, since he has to be around at least until the initial events of BG2 for the story to flow properly and make sense. I don't actually NEED him in my party, so it's not that big a deal but it does seem really, really weird. Anyone else seeing this?
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    Happened to me too, surely its a bug. Tried to do the battle many times and he died every single time, and then nowhere to be found. Had to reload to a previous save and choose the peaceful solution so he could live.
  • AgarwaenAgarwaen Member Posts: 9
    elminster said:

Use

C:CreateCreature("Khalid7")

Just make sure to do it when you are in the outside area of the fort.

Thank you! That really helped to move forward in the story.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Merged threads.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Markos and surely you'd be right! :)

The problem stems from players who don't use Khalid during BG:EE but who did meet him and Import a game. What happens, then, is that Khalid is imported with his BG:EE Last level...usually level 1.

At that point the moment the rock drops, khalid gets a -1 level on top of a level 1....

And dies.

Or, he gets out into the level 7-9 Combat of bridgefort...

And dies.

Or...

And dies.

You get the picture. We're working on a fix, but yes, this is definitely a bug.
    EnialusMeliamne
  • ERH01ERH01 Member Posts: 20
    My problem was a bit different-- I had him in my party all throughout BGEE and imported a final save with him in my party.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    @elminster Quick question. I've done the Clua for Khalid on the outside of the foot, however, his dialogue goes something like this: "I wish you luck on your adventures" and other such gibberish, but won't advance the dialogue for completing the quest at Bridgeport. Do you have any other suggestions that might assist, or should I just go ahead and revert back?
  • MyrkviMyrkvi Member Posts: 8
    He disappeared in my game, and I didn't use him in BG:EE and imported my game so I fit into Illydth's category. However, I merely went on with things, killed everyone in the crusader camp, fixed the rock and I've almost finished the game by now without any further hiccups so it doesn't seem to ruin your game in any way to skip Khalid's conversation.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I reverted back to another save. Hopefully, I don't run into it again. On my Paladin run, Khalid wasn't in my party for import, but he also didn't die that time. For now, I'll just remember to save before first going inside that area.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    We'll have a fix for both Khalid and Neera in the near term. I'm glad everyone seems to have made it past this in the mean time.
  • onaldonald Member Posts: 1
    Where should Khalid be after the fight on the bridge?
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    So... If I got Khalid killed and chunked just after getting him in bgee >.> Does this mean that he will start dead in SoD? Or be alive and just die horribly in one of many ways described above?
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    No matter what you do in BGEE, Khalid is alive in SoD. And really, now that the PCs are high enough level to routinely resurrect their colleagues, I don't know why anyone would expect a BG1 death to be permanent.
    semiticgoddess
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    chunking tends to be permanent even with res spells and he can chunk easily if your wanting to kill him and just get Jaheira.
    semiticgoddess