Skip to content

BG's well written Heroes and that one Minsc Line

2»

Comments

• ImryllImryll Member Posts: 24
    @Illustair My post was in response to the OP, not review bombing on Metacritic. My concern is that when you're feeling under siege, it's easy to become defensive and close your ears to legitimate criticism. I think that Beamdog needs to be asking themselves what the hot-button content actually adds to the game. As I see it, was it worth violating Minsc's voice to pull the dog's tail? Was their attempt to include a trans character an effective addition to the game or a distraction? My own feeling is that either more or less was needed, and I'd point to Bethesda as a master of including things without drawing attention to their having included them. Flying under the radar can be an effective tactic. I don't intend to let these issues keep me from enjoying the game, but I think these are things that Beamdog needs to think about going forward--or even patching.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Ok, point taken. I mean that, not being dismissive or anything, just so we're clear. Better to be careful nowadays :#
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    Cahir said:

Ok, here's a legit question. How do you guys know it's a reference to a Gamersgate, not just a coincidence? Has someone for Beamdog confirmed it somehow?

Nobody would know if it wasn't for the fact that a mentally deficient person, in so many respects similar to gamergators, said it
  • luispelozoluispelozo Member Posts: 2
    Whoa! a gamergater... Hopefully the last one alive.