Skip to content

Druid: Avenger Solo Playthrough

2»

Comments

• lunarhalolunarhalo Member Posts: 71
    I don't recall it being mentioned, but a great tactic I liked to use with druids was using their charm animal ability. There's a ton of outdoor areas at the beginning of the game and bears can make short work of bandits and hobgoblins.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    R
    lunarhalo said:

I don't recall it being mentioned, but a great tactic I liked to use with druids was using their charm animal ability. There's a ton of outdoor areas at the beginning of the game and bears can make short work of bandits and hobgoblins.

Hehe. Once of my favorite tactic is to charm tht bear that's summoned in the Xvart village west of Nashkel, and the use the bar to kill most of the Xvarts.
  • lunarhalolunarhalo Member Posts: 71
    Brude said:

Hehe. Once of my favorite tactic is to charm tht bear that's summoned in the Xvart village west of Nashkel, and the use the bar to kill most of the Xvarts.

Ursa is so fickle
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727

Also to assuage the difficulty of getting "good" rolls on them, I recommend gimping strength down to 10. Druids don't really need it, an Avenger least of all. Remember that shapeshifted, your physical stats are simply that of the creature you are turned into so it wouldn't matter if you maxed out at 16 strength. It makes carry capacity a bit of a chore, but it's almost necessary.

Agreed, although sometimes I just want to have a "perfect" roll, which entails max stats on the first three abilities, double-digit Intelligence and maximum Wisdom. Charisma is there for the pretties (literally) XD

Sometimes it can take me days to reroll until I get an "average bobby's" 95 or something :p
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    @Cheesebell yep, you are stuck with the 15 charisma as a druid. Wuhahahaha. I've never really gotten why Druids need charisma. They tend to stay away from cities, where you would presume people would need it most assuredly, while at the same time the game provides no use for charisma when it comes to animals. Just one of those interesting but wacky 2nd edition rules no doubt.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @elminster : well, they need charisma if they want to be good Horse Whisperers or something...? XD
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560

@elminster : well, they need charisma if they want to be good Horse Whisperers or something...? XD

:D

It's so when they change into a sword spider, they can be the best looking sword spider in allllllll of Cloakwood.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    So you can woo centeol?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Brude said:

:D

It's so when they change into a sword spider, they can be the best looking sword spider in allllllll of Cloakwood.
    That's not much of a competition. Isn't there only like at most 3 sword spiders that you run into in the entire forest? (all in/hanging around outside Centreols place)